08 - my first encounter with life's beginning (unedited)

After taking a quick rest, I went back to the farm. Although it was already starting to get dark. I fed that animal as it was my turn to. The time I arrived at the cow's pen I noticed something. I got closer to that one cow to make sure that what I'm seeing is right. My soul almost left my body when someone suddenly speak.

"It's her ninth month, she'll be getting birth soon," Nero explained. Gosh, why is he everywhere?

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Betty" He answered

"I never seen a cow getting birth in real life." I confessed.

"Well, you live in the city so.." He said which made me give him a blank stare.

After feeding the animals, Nero accompanies me home. I asked him why he came back, and he told me that Daddylo told him to not let me go back alone as it was night and it was dangerous for a girl to walk alone in the forest, to which I totally agreed.

It was a silent walk, none of us dared to utter a word. We were walking for a while now when suddenly something run past me making me scream in surprise. With eyes widened I stared at that creature, it was a freaking mouse!

Hearing Nero's laugh made me glare at him. With my eyes rolled, I continue to walk as Nero stood there dying in laughter. I quicken my pace and when he noticed that I was far from him, he chased after me and matched my pace. I ignored him for the rest of the walk. I was too annoyed at both him and that mouse.

It was early in the morning when I was woken up by a loud noise from outside. It was a speaker blaring music that made me assume by the noise that it was in full volume. I'm very cranky when I'm woken early so whoever played that speaker is dead meat. I was fuming when I got out of the room.

There was no one in the living room which surprised me as I'm the only one who was woken up by that noise. I looked out the window and as expected, it was a speaker. But I didn't expect it was two big speakers. Now that I'm outside the room, it was ten times louder. I searched to where the extension was plugged and when I found it I immediately pugged it out.

"Hey! Who turned it off!" Xantos shouted.

"I did," I shouted back at him.

"Nero! Your worker is being a killjoy. She turned off my jam!" I heard Xantos say before I ran back to my room and didn't get to hear Nero's response.

Because I was woken up so early in the morning, I couldn't get back to sleep so instead, I took a bath and fixed myself. The moment I was done, breakfast was ready. My mouth watered upon seeing a cinnamon roll perfectly sealed in transparent plastic Tupperware on the table. I rushed to grab it but someone already snatched it before I did!

I glared at the person who was holding it in front of me in a teasing way. He continued to tease me as I tried to steal the cinnamon roll from him. "What are you trying to do!" I exasperated.

"You turned off my jam so I'm stealing this from you." Xantos teased.

"Stop being so childish!"

"If you can reach it then I'll give it to you." He raised his hand where he was holding the cinnamon roll so that it'll be far from my reach. I tried to jump and reach it but he was tall and so is his hand.

I gave it another try when suddenly a hand was able to steal the box from Xantos' hand. I quickly look to see who it was and I groan upon seeing Nero. Xantos smirked when he saw Nero and he then looked at me then back to Nero, "Don't give it to her."

I expected Nero to join him and tease me too but to my surprise, he hit Xantos's head and handed me the plastic Tupperware, "Stop teasing her. I didn't buy it for you." He said to Xantos.