Chapter 1: The Development

Anakin was pacing around in his room.

Not in any bad way, just in thought.

As far as he knew, Obi-Wan went to see Cody, Ahsoka was off spending time with Barriss and Flora, and Padme and the Chancellor were preoccupied with senate matters at the moment.

While he was in thought.

He couldn't figure it out. Why would Letta Turmond and her husband bomb the Jedi temple? He knew some didn't like the Jedi being involved in war, but something about this seemed very out of place.

Like there was something he and the other Jedi were missing.

His comlink beeped, and so he answered. Hoping for Obi-Wan or Ahsoka.

Instead getting Mace Windu's voice.

No secret that he didn't particularly like the korun Jedi master, though they didn't hate each other.

"Skywalker, you're needed in the war room."

He sighed.

"I'll be right there master."

He turned his comlink off and proceeded to exit his room.

Then he jogged down the halls. Passing by Jedi such as Luminara Unduli, Oppo Rancisis, and Aayla Secura along the way, bowing quickly in respect to each one as he continued on.

He hadn't known what to make of Oppo Rancisis, the snake Jedi master was kind of strange to him.

Luminara and Aayla were fine though, he'd call them friends given some situations they'd been through, like on Geonosis and Maridun.

He eventually made it there.

Entering, he was met by Windu, Plo Koon, Ahsoka, Barriss, Shaak Ti, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Mira Wurhui, and Yoda, standing around the holo-table.

"Ahsoka, Barriss, masters. Master Windu, you summoned me?"

Mace maintained a neutral expression as usual but nodded, then pressed some buttons on the holo-table, and a hologram transmission from Tarkin came up.

He turned to Anakin with a small smile.

"Ah, Skywalker, good to see you again already. I trust this is no inconvenience for you?"

Anakin shook his head.

"No it's fine admiral. I'm assuming this is something important?"

Tarkin nodded, and his expression became serious.

"Indeed. According to commander Fox, Letta Turmond had agreed to talk, but, only to you, alone."

Anakin was perplexed.

"What?"

Surprisingly it was Windu who asked the question on everyone's minds.

"Why is she asking for Skywalker?"

Tarkin frowned and shook his head, clearly confused himself.

"I'm afraid she wouldn't say, only that he is the only one she would speak with."

Anakin had spoken to her before, but that was before uncovering her in that whole scheme. Maybe she needed a sense of familiarity or something?

Anakin reluctantly nodded.

"I will be on my way."

Tarkin only nodded and the transmission was gone.

Ahsoka spoke up.

"Master, you can't."

"Ahsoka..."

Plo Koon then chimed in.

"I agree with little 'Soka, you should not go. Something is very amiss to say the least."

Shaak Ti and Barriss said nothing, though nodded in agreement. Anakin just shook his head.

"I know master Plo, but if I can get some kind of information from her, then it could help to actually solve this."

Yoda hummed in thought for a moment.

"Agree I do. Go you should, but contact us immediately once the interrogation is over, you will."

Anakin nodded.

"Yes master, I'll be back."

Ahsoka rolled her eyes.

"Always like you to run directly into potential danger."

Anakin grinned in return.

"Don't forget you got that from me."

With that comical exchange, Anakin left the room and headed for the hanger.

But even he had to admit he was getting a very bad feeling.

*I know this first chapter was pretty short, but next chapter we get more into it, if you know you know, 😶😶...this is gonna hurt...