Chapter 3: Reactions

Rex was just trying to finish some paperwork in his office.

Why he always got stuck with paperwork he'd never know, then again Skywalker was his general, so that maybe had something to do with it.

Then the door of his office opened, revealing Kix, who had a look of urgency on his face, which wasn't all that normal for him.

Rex sighed.

"Kix this better be good, I'm drowning in paperwork."

Kix just spoke without answering that, but the words he said were truly unbelievable.

"It's general Skywalker, he's been arrested!"

Rex almost shot out of his chair.

"What?! Arrested for what?!"

"Well Thire said that Fox said he killed that woman that bombed the temple."

Impossible. The general could have anger issues, but he had his own lines that he chose not to cross.

As for Fox, well, he'd speak with him later.

In a way he felt betrayed by Fox, he had stood up for him multiple times back on Kamino, and looked after him to make sure the Kaminoans didn't decommission him for...certain defects.

He stood from his chair, picking up his helmet and now ignoring his prior task.

"You might want to hurry sir."

Rex raised a brow.

"What's going on?"

"Well, Fives, Mixer, and Tup are all pretty much calling for Fox's head already, and Jesse is plotting on how to break the general out."

Rex sighed.

"I can't blame any of them."

Kix said nothing to that.

"Yeah well, there'll be bigger problems when the Jedi get word of this, which should be..."

As if on cue, Jesse came in and interjected.

"Rex, the Jedi council knows, and they are apparently not happy."
-----------------------------------------------------------
To say the council was not pleased about this development was an understatement.

The grandmaster could feel the emotions rolling off his fellow council members.

Obi-Wan was shocked, angry, and confused.

Shaak Ti and Plo Koon were both just utterly lost in thought.

Ki-Adi and Eeth were already talking amongst themselves.

And Mace was clearly just thinking about what to do.

Anakin Skywalker had been accused of murder, but also of being the mastermind of the plot to bomb the Jedi temple.

Yoda wasn't anymore pleased it came from Tarkin, who seemed out to get Anakin now for whatever reason he could.

Now the council had to debate.

They'd seen the footage sent by Tarkin, now came all the disagreements and bickering amongst the council.

Obi-Wan spoke first, not surprising.

"I don't believe it, Anakin has some issues but he knows his own limits."

Yoda nodded, he had to agree with that, Skywalker could be brash in actions, but he did have his own limits.

Shaak Ti voiced her agreement.

"Agreed, he could not have killed Letta."

Then Shadday Potkin, elected to replace the fallen council member Adi Gallia, spoke up.