Chapter 16: Inoculation

Ahsoka had just gotten through a conversation with her now former master.

She had been livid about the information he gave her.

The clones hadn't been meant as their allies, they were truly meant to destroy the Jedi order.

Anakin explained it wasn't their fault, and the clones themselves had been unaware, and still were.

Though then he revealed that the council had uncovered that the Chancellor of the Galactic Republic was the sith lord they had been looking for the whole war.

Ahsoka didn't know how to take that.

She worried because if that's so, then Palpatine has to be very powerful as a force user and duelist, and extremely dangerous.

She mostly worried that the council would choose to confront him.

If that happened, she knew Anakin would be one of the ones there, so she was hoping the council would make a smart move.

And turns out they did.

The clone army was to be inoculated, effective immediately, but in secret. It would all happen when a battalion was on leave or not active for battle yet.

Ahsoka knew Tarkin would be here inspecting the 501st tomorrow, so she knew she had to keep this under wraps.

Because she knew Tarkin would tell Palpatine if he found out, so another challenge.

She wondered how the man was still an admiral after everything that happened to Anakin, and how he was still alive.

She figured Fives and Jesse would have plotted out his death and then have it carried out by now, but oh well.

Now she had to speak to Rex about it, who was now in his office as usual, after apparently getting his chip removed, along with Fives.

When she entered she found him speaking on a comlink device.

She had a feeling she knew who it was.

Rex sighed.

"No, no I'm fine, just angry that I was going to be used as a weapon against my generals."

She couldn't hear what the other person was saying, but she knew it was a man.

"Well I have to help commander Tano get the whole battalion inoculated before that evil shriveled sarlaac faced bastard puts his plan to work."

Ahsoka grinned, finding Rex comparing Palpatine's looks to a shriveled up sarlaac amusing.

"I'll see if I can get a break and come visit after this is done, screw the paperwork. I'm sick of not being able to see you."

Ahsoka hummed quietly, she felt she knew who this special person was, but you could never be too sure.

"It's gonna be fine, alright? Love you too, see you soon, and I do mean soon."

The comlink beeped, signaling he'd ended the call. He sighed and turned around.

"You know it's rude to eavesdrop."

Ahsoka shrugged.

"I know, I just wanted to hear you be cute with your boyfriend."

Rex blushed a bit and tried to look angry, but failed miserably.

"I...he...he is not my boyfriend!"

Ahsoka raised a brow.

"Oh? So friends say 'I love you' that affectionately?"