Chapter 7: Judgement

The council was back in session, mainly due to Skywalker having been caught.

Yoda didn't know how to feel about it, he felt it unrealistic to believe Skywalker had done any of it, though not all the council was in agreement.

And to their displeasure, Tarkin was the one contacting them again.

"The Senate requests that Anakin Skywalker be expelled from the Jedi order and turned over to Republic custody, where he will face charges ranging from conspiracy to murder."

Mace just frowned.

"The council will act as it deems necessary."

Tarkin rolled his eyes.

"Keep in mind master Jedi that any move of refusal from the Jedi can be seen as a move against the Senate, this is sedition."

The transmission ended.

Yoda didn't like that the admiral had played the political card.

Obi-Wan was clearly angry about that, but also worried.

"Surely we cannot do what Tarkin suggest, we must stand with Anakin."

Ki-Adi hummed in thought.

"And yet there is evidence to suggest he is the mastermind behind the temple bombing."

Yoda hated the fact that Ki-Adi was so sure of himself.

Shadday seemed to agree however.

"He was found in possession of nano-droid explosives, that alone is enough to convict Skywalker."

Shaak Ti frowned.

"There was nothing suggesting they belonged to him, Shadday."

Plo nodded.

"I concur. I feel this council is already biased against Skywalker simply due to the fact they didn't want him in the order to begin with."

Depa said nothing, though seemed inclined to agree.

Yoda wasn't surprised, Depa was on the council back then, and she was one of the only ones who had been on Qui-Gon's side on the matter of Anakin's fate, along with Plo and Yaddle, the latter no longer being a member of the council following Qui-Gon's death.

Elizabeth wasn't on the council until some time before the battle of Geonosis, but she was a good friend of Skywalker. Though Yoda knew she would probably abstain herself from a vote given she'd be very biased.

Shaak Ti had been one of the few who had always stuck up for Anakin, and though she rarely spoke up against the council, this case was far different.

Yoda hummed in thought, he knew Elizabeth and Depa would both abstain from a vote, as they would both be too biased to side with Anakin. He himself wasn't biased against or for the boy, but he felt the evidence would be too solid against him.

Mace could actually go either way, whilst Ki-Adi, Shadday, Mira, Eeth, Kit, and himself was already a majority against Skywalker.

"The council believes Skywalker may be guilty of the crime."

He turned to Obi-Wan.

"Still think they are wrong do you, hm?"

Obi-Wan nodded.

"Yes, I think they are more than wrong. I think there is someone we are not seeing."

Yoda turned to Mace.

"Thoughts to share have you, master Windu?"

Mace shook his head, though Yoda could sense, to his surprise, the korun Jedi master did not side with Yoda and the majority on this.