Chapter 19: Showdown

Sidious could sense the Jedi coming long before he saw them.

He stopped his torturing of Fox to think.

It would be unwise to kill him right now, the Jedi would surely make a move on him if they found the commander of the Coruscant guard dead in his office.

So he decided he'd use the force to make it seem as if nothing happened to Fox.

"I shall dispose of you after the Jedi are long gone. For now, you best not utter a word of this. I sense your...lover, is one of those Jedi. So unless you wish to see him fall before your eyes, I suggest you follow my instruction."

Fox was still trying to recover, but clearly nodded, and Palpatine frowned.

"Get up and stand at attention, if the Jedi ask, nothing happened."

Fox did as told, getting up and standing up straight to the best of his ability. Palpatine made him move into the front office to stand off to the side, while he took a seat in the desk.

About ten minutes later, the Jedi arrived, Vos being the first. He of course rushed over to Fox.

Master Yoda came in shortly afterwards, followed by masters Yaddle, Tiin, Kenobi, Mundi, Allie, and the Jedi knights the Martinez siblings.

"Hey Foxy, I felt you in pain, are you alright?"

Fox spoke blankly.

"Oh, yeah. I just tripped and sprained by ankle, but really it's nothing to worry about."

Vos didn't seem like he was buying it, but regardless opted to hug him instead.

The other Jedi masters sat in front of the Chancellor's desk, ready for a conversation.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Yoda spoke first, breaking the silence.

"Just coming to speak with you, we were, Chancellor. Something to discuss you have?"

Palpatine smiled kindly and nodded.

"Ah yes, there is something that has recently been brought to my attention."

Yoda nodded.

"Listening we are."

Palpatine nodded as he continued.

"Did you know that the clones were being inoculated?"

Yoda just smiled, though not genuine.

"Know, I did."

Palpatine began to frown.

"May I ask what inquired such an act?"

Yoda just continued to smile.

"Had chips implanted into the clone's heads, you and Dooku did."

Palpatine was clearly losing all his facade.

"Why would you accuse me of such treachery?"

Yoda just smiled again, but narrowed his eyes slightly this time.

"Begin the Clone Wars, did you not?"

Palpatine looked furious now, exactly what Yoda had planned.

"You dare come into my office and accuse me of starting the Clone Wars?"

At the same moment, Quinlan pulled away from embracing Fox, clearly his psychometry picked up something.

"Foxy, are you lying about something?"

"No, why would you ask me that?"

"I know you're lying Fox, now tell me what really happened, I promise it's gonna be ok."