Chapter 10: A cure

Daphne had a lot of explaining to do.

At the moment, she was sitting in her room with Pony sitting next to her.  As for her two other friends, they were both standing, just leaning against the wall.

"Daphne, I'm shocked but relieved that you're still alive.  I can't believe you've survived for so long.  I honestly thought that you would have been infected by now."  Daphne then turned her head towards the bunny.  She chuckled slightly and nodded.  "Honestly, I thought so too.  But somehow, I managed to hold on, and survive."

The bunny and the dog looked at each other for a second.  They both then turned to the human.  "What happened to you after we both got infected?" Daphne heard Doggy's question, and immediately looked towards him.  "Well... it's a long story.  But I ended up finding a carnival made by Mr. P.  Sooner or later, I managed to find Pony, and some others."  Daphne said, glancing at Pony, who smiled at the female.

"And since then, I stayed with them."  Daphne continued, as she smiled softly.  The female then looked at both Doggy and Bunny.  A question rose up on Daphne's mind, as she looked at the two of them.  How were they alive?  Daphne swore that she saw them infected right in front of her.

"Wait, I thought you two were infected. I saw you both infected right in front of me." Daphne pointed out.  Well, not technically Bunny.  She had told Daphne to leave since she didn't want to put the human female in danger.  "Wait, those two were infected?  Does this mean that there's a cure?"  Pony asked, his eyes widening in surprise.  Bunny and Doggy looked at each other once more.  Their expressions on their faces looked like they wanted to tell them both something but couldn't.

"We can't answer that. We're sorry." Bunny replied, glancing down at the floor.  Pony and Daphne looked at each other in confusion. What did they mean by that?  "Wait, what do you mean by that? Isn't the military up north working on a cure right now?" Pony asked, looking at Daphne. Daphne nodded slowly at that question.

"Yeah, you're not wrong, Pony. How did you both come back?" Daphne questioned.  "That's a long story... but still, we can't answer that.  Sorry, Daphne..."  Doggy replied, looking away from the both of them.  Daphne and Pony looked at each other once more.  They were still confused.

But then again, Willow had hidden this type of secret from her group before.  Daphne had remembered that.  "Well, Willow had hidden this type of secret from us before.  So, it's not really a surprise..."  Daphne mumbled.  She had remembered back at the factory; Willow had known about the cure the whole time.  However, she hid this because she wanted to cure her brother first out of everyone.

"Wait, Willow?"  That made Daphne look up at Doggy, a surprised expression on his face.  Daphne had almost forgotten.  She remembered back at the alleys when she was still a detective, she and Doggy had arrested Willow.  So, she understood why Doggy was surprised.  "Oh yeah... I forgot, we arrested Willow back at the alleys, did we?"  Daphne asked, sighing softly.

"Yeah, we did.  Don't tell me she's here."  Daphne bit her lip gently, her face forming a frown.  How was she going to tell him?  "Yeah, she is.  Not even infected or anything."  Daphne replied.  "How?  Where is she now?"  Doggy asked.

"I think she's in her room right now, resting."  Daphne replied again, scratching her head.  "Wait, she's here?  In this very hotel?  What's going on?  And how are you suddenly calm about this, Daphne?"  Doggy asked, placing his paws on her shoulders.  Daphne sighed once more.

"Look, I'm aware that Willow hates you, and probably still does at this point.  But she offered to help us survive this infection.  Mainly giving us supplies and staying with us to help all of us survive.  We give some supplies to her team in return."  Daphne stated.