Chapter 19: Someone familiar

Daphne had nothing to do at the moment.

Well, except helping to find the cure and survive.  But all she ever was doing right now was nothing. Well, besides helping everyone else around her, of course.  She didn't tell anyone about this yet, but she had been getting more visions, nightmares, and dreams lately. It kept her up at night.

Especially about TIO.  He kept pressuring her to join his side. However, she still refused. She wasn't having any of that. When he had mentioned Zizzy, Daphne just shut herself out.  Even if she would've joined for Zizzy, she wouldn't have wanted that for Daphne.

And lately, this was why others have been quick to notice Daphne's current state. She hadn't been getting enough sleep, and always kept a fake smile on her face.  But ever since she opened up to her friends about the situation, they have seemed to have stopped. TIO had been getting into her dreams less and less.

The last time she had spoken to him, was last night. He was angry. Angry that Daphne was winning.

"I can't believe you, Daphne! I tried to help you!"

The brunette female stared at the man, who wasn't the same as she had last faced him. He was now more distorted.  "What did you even try to help me with? You never helped me." Daphne had asked simply, a stoic expression on her face.  

"Your friends are going to use you. Why do you even trust them?"

"I've always had that thought. Even before you came. You just made it worse for me."

The man had glared at her, as Daphne had turned around, her back turned to him now.  "But clearly, you're just someone who's willing to manipulate others to join you. I'm not going through that again. I'm willing to trust my friends and stand by their side."

"And you're willing to put your trust in them? What will you do when they've thrown you out of their life, huh?"  The female paused for a moment.  "Then I'll continue to trust others. It's better to trust them and regret it than not trusting them at all."

Daphne didn't even pay one look towards the distorted man. She then continued talking.  "I've put my trust in Pony, Bunny, and Doggy. You are not going to put Zizzy through this either. I'm going to help save her. Because not only she's my friend, she's like my sister."

Daphne then finally turned around. It seemed like TIO had changed. He seemed more... angry.  "Daphne Elizabeth Quinn, you better think about what you're doing. You have potential. You can be more powerful than you are now. You don't have to do this. If you're going to be thrown out again, then it's your own fault."

Daphne's golden eyes had now darkened. It was that scary look she had once before. She would rather have been thrown out by her friends than trust TIO.  "I already have. Without you. Goodbye, TIO."

The female had turned around, seeing a white portal in front of her. As she extended her hand in front of her, she heard a shout behind her.  

"Daphne, get back here! Daphne!!"

It was too late. The female extended out her hand, escaping out of there.

The female had snapped out of her own thoughts. She wasn't going to ask herself if she made the right choice anymore.  Because she knew she made the right choice.  Daphne walked around her room, wondering what to do right now. She then noticed something on the nightstand.

She walked over to the nightstand, and picked up... a walkie talkie?  She hadn't used that walkie talkie in a while. She would mainly use it for communication with others.