Prologue

"Daphne!  Daphne, are you okay?"

A human female opened her eyes, looking around to see who had said that.  Her vision was a bit fuzzy. Her body was aching like crazy.  She felt like she had hit by a truck.  Her breathing was heavy, although it returned to its normal rate just now.

Despite that, she still chose to kept going.  She then looked over to see a pony looking at her.  A worried look was on his face.  The brunette female nodded slowly.

"I'm fine, Pony.  I was just a little out of it is all."  She had stated, slowly standing up.  She instantly came to remember where she was at now.  She was at an abandoned factory.  Everything had come back to her now.

Suddenly, she heard a sound of a gun loading.  She looked around once more to see where it came from.  She took a step back, seeing a wolf aiming a gun.  Straight for her.  "Willow, stop!  They saved our lives!"  A cat had called out.  It seemed like she was on the same team as the wolf was.

"And yet, they destroyed mine."  The wolf, Willow had replied back, gritting her teeth.  Her tone of voice was filled with anger.  The human female had blinked her eyes, realizing what was going on now.

"Daphne, look out!"  The human then turned her head to where the voice came from once more.  Two zebras then raced in front of her, running in front of her.  They both had fencing foils in their hands.  "Wait... who are you?"  Willow had asked, taking notice of the two zebras.  The pony then spoke up.  "These are Zizzy's sisters.  You took their older sister away from them!"  He had pointed out.

"She had... sisters?" Suddenly, the gun was knocked out of Willow's hand.  The human female had taken notice of a dagger on the ground.  She turned over to see where it came from.  Over there, was a tiger, holding one dagger in his hand.  The human was able to put two and two together.

"The tiger..."  She had muttered out loud.  The tiger then walked away, not giving anyone a single glance.  "I... I had no idea.  I'm sorry."  The wolf had muttered under her breath, as she had fallen to her knees.  Her tone of voice had shown regret now.  "Giraffy's going to be okay.  But he should stay here for a bit.  He needs rest."  A mole had pointed out, as she held onto a giraffe, who had a wound on his stomach.  He was shot earlier.

"We'll take care of him.  It's our way of saying thanks."  The cat who had first spoken up had replied.  The pony then turned to the cat.  "How can we trust you?"  The male, whose name was Pony had asked.  The cat had turned to the pony before responding.  "Today, you showed us that we need to work together as survivors.  Otherwise, we might as well be infected."  She had replied.  "They have the supplies here as well!"  The mole had pointed out.  "I'll be safe with them, I promise."  The giraffe had stated, as well.  His tone of voice was strained, since he had the wound in his stomach.

"I... I can save her."  The wolf had muttered out loud.  A young pig then stepped up and spoke up.  His name was Georgie.  "Now why would we believe you?"  He had asked.  "The military moved up north to work on a cure.  I've heard this through radio broadcasts."  The wolf had now replied, as she slowly stood back up on her feet.  "How come we've never been told of this?"  The cat from earlier had asked.

"I hid it from you because I vowed to find my brother, William first... if he was infected, I'd cure him.  If he wasn't, we'd find safety.  I realize now that, no matter what, he's gone.  And now, the zebra needs it.  For her sisters.  I don't want them to feel the same way I did.  No one should feel that way."

"How do we know this isn't a trap?"  The wolf had looked up, seeing the human female staring at her.  Despite the wolf being taller than her, the expression on her face was one with seriousness, and she even had an eyebrow raised.