CIRCE, SIRENS & CRACKEN

****ISLAND ICARIA****

"This is the last thing I could do to help you Taehyung. I am not sure if father would be thrilled knowing that it was you who saved his enemy again. Take care on your adventure." Sunghoon said before he left his brother & the still unconscious Jeongguk. 

The son of Poseidon removes the jacket he borrowed from Yoongi and used it as a pillow underneath Jeongguk's head. He looks around, scanning the island from any kind of danger since he can't even hear a single sound from other creatures until he saw a group of swine wandering in the empty island.

Taehyung gulps. He knows that many different animals are residing on different islands but it is his first time to visit Island Icaria so he doesn't know what to expect from them. If only he has his powers, he doesn't need to get worried with a merely swine but since he is bare with power, he is a little nervous especially when Jeongguk is still unconscious.

"Jeongguk, istg there are pigs roaming around here. I'm sure you're hungry too. Why don't you wake up and catch one for our dinner tonight?" Taehyung tries to wake him up.

Taehyung is starting to get more nervous when the pigs are starting to walk towards their directions. He saw a lot of boat ruins in the seashore but he couldn't see or feel any sign of demigod nor other creatures except of the pigs.

"Bird, come on.. please wake up!"

The son of Poseidon is almost panicking. There is absolutely wrong with the pigs wandering around because first, they don't speak. Well, yes, pigs don't supposed to talk to humans but at as a demigod, Taehyung has the ability to communicate with animals but the swines that are walking aimlessly at the island doesn't even produce a single sound as if they're mute.

Then a realization washes over the sea demigod.

"Fxck! What if they're not mute and I'm deaf?" he mumbles to himself before he stands up to look around. He couldn't even hear the gush of the wind. He looks back at the sea but he knows that going back to the waters after he blatantly disobey his father isn't a good idea. Even his brothers already warned him not to drag any of the sea creatures to his mess so asking help from his family is a big NO.

"Taehyung think."

It is when Taehyung is almost giving up because of panic when he notice Jeongguk's chest moving up and down slowly.

"Right, if I was cursed to be deaf I wouldn't be able to hear his heartbeat." he mumbles to himself before he kneels down on the other demigod's side.

Taehyung is holding his breathe when he leans closer to attach his ear to Jeongguk's chest. He almost gasp when he realized that he's once again so close to the other demigod but when he remembers that Jeonggulk is still unconscious he continues with his experiment.

He even almost cries in fear when he couldn't hear anything in the beginning until he finally heard the faint beating of Jeongguk's heart.

"You're alive and I'm not deaf." he whispers to himself when a realization hits him again.