Stay happy (38)

Laurens POV

I'd be lying if I said I wasnt scared right now with everything thats going on. I trust Camila with all of my heart but that doesnt stop me worrying about what Hunters intentions are. If he wants her back and is willing to fight for her. For his family. Then how do I compete with that?

What if Noah gets on with Hunter like a house on fire and wants his daddy to be with his mommy and for them to all live happily ever after, then how do I stand in the way of a little boys dream. How do I make him want me to be with his mommy more?

What if Camila realises that Noah needs a stable home life consisting for his mom and dad? How do I let her go? How do I give up that love and safety I have with her?

Yes it might all work out happily. Hunter might not want Camila, he might just want to be a dad to his son. Noah will want me in his family and we all continue on as we have been. But some how I get the feeling its not going to be that easy. Camila is an amazing girl, shes incredibly beautiful and has a heart of gold he would be insane not to look at her and wish she was his.

But like I said I trust her so I just have to bite my tongue and hope that this time someone chooses me and doesnt end up leaving me.

The drive to the diner has been silent. Camila hasnt spoke a word. The radio has been on and shes just been caressing my thigh the whole time but her mind is elsewhere.

I have to put on a brave face. Act like none of this is affecting me because she has so much on her plate right now she doesnt need to be worrying about me too.

Waiting for my girlfriend in the car while she meets up with her ex isnt my ideal way to spend my afternoon but I love Camila with every fibre of my being and I would do anything for her. I made a promise to always be there for her no matter what so thats what Im doing. Shes my main priority. Making her feel safe and less stressed in this situation is my main goal.

I just pray that whatever happens today ends well for everyone.

I put the car in park and shuffle in my seat to look at her. Shes looking around the car park and I know shes looking for his car.

"You've got this baby. Just be strong and get the answers you need and please just remain calm. If at any point you need to leave them I'll be here waiting to take you home"

She finally looks at me and smiles but it never reaches her eyes.
"Thank you for doing this for me. I know it cant be easy for you but I really appreciate it. I really appreciate you Lo"

It makes me feel better that I know I'm helping ease her anxiety right now. I cant begin to imagine just how she really feels right now.

"I can think of a few ways you can thank me later" I wiggle my eyebrows suggestively trying to lighten the mood and make her smile. Which I succeed at.

She leans over and starts making out with me, like really making out with me. I feel like she needs this. She needs me to show her just how okay I am right now. So I grab her neck and pull her in closer, showing her just how much she means too me.

When she pulls back she rests her forehead on mine keeping her eyes shut
"Cant I just stay here kissing you" She whispers against my lips. Its clear shes freaking out.

"You'll be ok Camz. It will all be ok. I promise"

I know I shouldnt make promises about things I cant help the outcome of but she needs me to strong for her right now.

She takes a deep breath and then pecks my lips before falling back into her seat.

"Its now or never I guess" she looks at me once more before leaning in and kissing me again "I really do love you Lauren" she says before opening her door.