Chapter 5

This chapter contains some upsetting materials which some readers may find disturbing, including mentioning of abuse. Viewers Discretion is advised.
__________________________________

NOT AGAIN

Niall's Pov

The next morning I woke up and whimpered in pain when I tried to sit down. The bed beside me is empty, Miles must have gone to work, what a relief (sigh).

I wish he gets busy in his work, then at least today he won't come home. Every second I spend with him make me fear for my life more and more. Yesterday was the worst. I never seen him like this befor, he acted all crazy like a psychopath.

I was busy with my thoughts when I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in" I said getting up from my bed.

Ms. Lawrence came in. She had a sad face. I guess she must have heard my screams last night. I would never blame her or any other servant in this mension for not stopping Miles from hurting me because I know how bad the consequences would be for them if they tried to oppose My husband.

"Good morning, Ms. Lawrence".
Even though it's very hard for me to smile with a swollen face I still tried my best to greet her with a cheerful smile. I hope seeing me cheerful, makes her atleast a little relief. I know why she's sad, I mean no one wants to see a bruised face first thing in the morning.

"Good morning, Master Niall" she hesitated before looking at me then again she continued looking at the floor. Is that how bad My face looks now, that she couldn't even make eye contact with me.

"Is there anything you want to tell me, Ms. Lawrence."

"Y-y-yes sir, Mr. Miles told you to take a bath with honey and milk in order to heal your b-b-bruises fast. So I have prepared the bath. And Mr. Miles was waiting for you downstairs to have breakfast with you. So it would be better if you get ready quickly."

I flinched hearing that sentence, why didn't he went off to work yet? What does he want from me now? It's already been 10 in the morning so why didn't he go?

"Sir.... sir.... Master Niall??"

"Y-yeah.. Yeah, what happen?" I got out off my thoughts hearing Ms. Lawrence calling my name.

"Are you ok? Is there anything you want me to do, sir?" Ms. Lawrence asked me concerningly.

"Yeah.. Yeah.. I'm fine Ms. Lawrence. You can go now" I nodded assureingly.

"Ok, sir" she turned back to return but I guess she forgot something to tell, so she turned around towards me "And... also if you need help with makeup to cover your br-br..."

"To cover up my bruises" she was hesitating to complete her sentence so I helped her besides I know what she's trying to say.

"Yes, sir" she said guiltily again avoiding to look at me.

"It's ok, Ms. Lawrence. It's not like it's my first time. I got used to this, so I can handle myself perfectly. You don't have to worry and feel guilty about anything. You can go now."

I said looking at the black and blue marks on my hand. Sadly chuckling at my tragic life.

Ms. Lawrence looked at me Concernedly and turned back to leave.

I went to the bathroom where I see my bathtub filled with milk and it smelled like honey. Ms. Lawrence added lots of beautiful flowers too, it looks really pretty.