Chapter 18

BRUISES AND ROSES

In previous chapter

"I promise that everything will be fine from now on. I promise I'll make you the happiest person on earth, darling, I promise." Miles said, while kissing Niall all over his face and sniffing his sweet scent eagerly.

Miles hugged his omega close to him, like he was his oxygen and that night, only he could get enough sleep, as Niall was suffering in the endless abyss, like every other night.

Author's Pov

The next day when Niall woke up, he didn't find his husband by his side.

He groaned while sitting on the bed, he look around and saw their scattered room, completely neat and clear and everything at it's place.

He saw the time and it was already 1 in the afternoon! He was about to get out of the bed when he saw their bedroom door opening.

A tall and well-built man came in the room with a tray full of food.

Seeing Miles, Niall's mind went blank, he didn't even know what expression to make, he was afraid that any action he made, would make his husband feel unhappy

"Good afternoon, babe." Walking carefully with the tray, Miles uttered smiling widely.

"When did you woke up. I made lunch for you." The alpha said excitedly, placing the tray on Niall.

"J-just now. Thanks f-for this. " The omega thanked him looking at the food, it was chicken rice soup with green chiles and ginger and it looks delicious but due to his sore throat, he wasn't feeling like eating anything.

 " The omega thanked him looking at the food, it was chicken rice soup with green chiles and ginger and it looks delicious but due to his sore throat, he wasn't feeling like eating anything

"I d-didn't made it all by my own, though. I took Ms. Lawrence's help. I h-hope you like it."

Miles said shyly, being little bit self-conscious about his cooking skills.

Niall gave a timid smile, before dubiously taking a bite of the chicken. Although he had no appetite but still he ate because he didn't want to upset his husband.