Chapter 9

FLASHBACK PART 1

In Previous chapter

~ "From now on, I don't want to see Niall's swollen face ever again. You better be careful with that too." Althea warned him seriously.

He gluped with a difficulty before guiltily nodding again. ~

Niall's pov

After Miles left to Althea's office to chat with her, me and Nick stayed in the backyard playing catch-catch with his baseball.

Nick is soon to be 7 yr old and he's already showing the signs like an alpha even though we're still not sure what his second gender gonna be in the future.

But the way his growing up, well built. I'm 100% sure that he will be an alpha just like his father. Which is best for Nick since his dad would never want an omega or bate son.

Cause I know Miles want a dominating Alpha son, to inherit his business empire, not a fragile omega or an ordinary bate. This is one of the reasons why I'm scared to have children with him.

I don't want him to see our kid as an disappointment if he or she turn out to be bate or specially omega. After all, he was also like all those alphas who thought omega's are best suited for their entertainments but not for handling corporate companies.

Because of his bias mentality and violent nature, I was preventing myself from getting pregnant all these years by taking suppressants secretly.

Suppressants not only work as suppressing an omega's heat but they also work as birth control, to which I'm really thankful to since I don't have to take two different pills. It's like killing two birds with one stone.

Obviously Miles does not know that I'm taking suppressants and he didn't even notice that I haven't had my heat in months, so atleast I'm safe for now.

Why I don't want to go through heat? Well it's because omegas are most fertile during this period.

And Omagas cannot control they're sexually desires once they're in heat. So even though I don't want to sleep with Miles, I still wouldn't be able to control myself if I was in my heat and would eventually crave for my Alpha's touch.

And if Miles and I had sex through out this time, then it meant I would definitely get pregnant.

Which I don't want to. Especially after my painful miscarriage a year ago, I'm certainly sure that I don't want kids with him.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Few hours later, Nick was still energetic and wants to play more but I don't have any strength left in me.

So I told him to take a break and he obediently nodded his head when he saw me all exhausted.

This is what I like the most about Nick. He is not like other kids, who make a fuss over everything. He never says 'no' to me and always listens to me.

Although our relationship was not always as good as it was now.
We have our differences when I first met him.

At that time he was only 5 yr old and was reluctant to accept me. I didn't mind his unwillingness because that's what every kid is like when they're going to have step-parents.

And I was determined to make him accept me. I did every possible thing to please him, like a mother would do for their kids.

I would cook for him, do his laundry, help him with his homework, cuddle him to sleep, comfort him when he was having a bad day. I still do all those things, after all his still a kid and always will be for me.