CHAPTER: EIGHT

September 25, 2022 3:05 PM

When Walter left the gym.
Seeing other anthros leaving and heading out the front doors and other outdoor exits.
He went down the school hallways, toward where he could get the rest of his stuff, from his locker.
Everyone had already left only leaving him and the silence alone.
But when he was finished grabbing his stuff.
Closing his locker, he was greeted by the wolf that he threw the volleyball at, and had a bandage on it.
Walter assumed it was possibly fractured, from the kinetic energy force, that he gave the ball, to impact that sort of force.
Her eyes and teeth showed predatory instincts.
She had her claws out, ready to strike.
But Walter knew that she wasn't alone, and that's what she wanted him to think.
Walter stood his ground.
Showing no sign of emotion.
That's when she signaled, with her eyes looking slightly away from him.
Her so-called female wolf friends over to where she was.
They came out from their assumed, hiding or so-called waiting areas, around where his locker was.
Her so-called friends were at least a footless short than she was.
The normal anthro height is about 6 to 7 feet tall.
They were around him and started forming smug looks on their faces.
And they had the same look of predatory instincts. Teeth bared, and claws ready to attack at any second.
Walter looked at all of them.
Carefully setting his bag down to the side.
Looking back at her.
Giving her an unblinking stare.
"I'm not going to get beaten to death by a wealthy animal like you." He said, his tone stern and serious.
Which caused the other wolves to look at one another hesitantly.
But she didn't seem to react to his response.
She snickered at what he just said to them.
"Oh, and whys that?" She asked, looking slightly amused as if she was trying to scare him.
She waited for his response but he still had that stare on his face.
"Because I don't tolerate immature teens." He said, in a dark tone of his voice.
At that moment that's what ticked her off. Growling she let out an ear-piercing roar and lunged at him, claws extended.
He ducked and jumped under her. Causing her to crash against her so-called solve friends.
Back on his feet one of the wolves came charging at him. At that moment his internal instincts came in.
He switched to side-stepping sideways and punched the side of the chest of his present attacker.
With much force caused his attacker to slam herself hard against the side of the wall where the other lockers stood.
Motionless on the floor.
"One." He thought.
Turning his head and body around, he felt a sharp pain in his cheek.
Walter felt it but didn't scream or groan in pain.
Or even flinch.
Looking back he saw her heavy breathing and slightly towering over him.
He saw her still predatory eyes.
Casting a shadow over him.
He watched as she looked at the blood that was dripping from her claws.
Bringing her claws to her mouth, she licked his blood.
"Mmm...so sweet...No-Fur." She said, chuckling as she continued to lick at his blood.
That ticked Walter off.
He sucker-punched her in the face.
Causing her to fly off in midair to slam herself into a row of lockers on the wall.
Creating a metallic crater on the lockers.
That's when she was out, motionless, but still breathing.
The others that were still standing watching what just happened looked at Walter shocked and confused.
He just scowled at them, looking at them with a warning stare. Walking over to grab his belonging, and see that the bleeding already stopped but felt with his hand the sharp three long cuts on the left side cheek of his face.
"I wonder how I'm going to explain this to her." Walter thought, thinking about how he was going to sort this out with his grandmother.
He saw what her so-called friends called out to her and her name was Vanessa.
Trying to help her up and the other one included.
Walter looked at them for a moment and noticed one of them standing not doing anything except looking at Walter.
He looked at her and to see she was a few inches taller than Vanessa and looked highly athletic but he saw fear in them.
He turned away and walked off until he stopped and said two words.
Hoping they all heard him.
"I'm sorry." He said, his tone full of empathy and guilt.
Walking out the front door entrance of the school, leaving the two unconscious attackers and the others inside of the school.
"Can't wait to hear what happens tomorrow," Walter said, as he walked out in the front of the school, waiting by the curb to be picked up by his grandmother.
Assumed there was possibly two or one surveillance camera in the hallway area of the school, where he was attacked.
And that they were recovered and transferred to the school's surveillance network.
Possibly a school counselor or the principal would be calling his grandmother.
But he'll hear from her and the school later.
But he noticed someone was looking at him.
He pretend to act like he didn't know, but he noticed it was one of the players, from the volleyball practices in the school gym.
Walter even noticed her from the very beginning, when he was working on his laptop on the bleachers.
He waited for a few more minutes but he needed to get home.
So he pulled out his phone from his pocket.
Going on foot.
Walter texted his grandmother and began to walk home.
Pulling out his Walkman from his bag, putting his headphones on, and pressing the triangle play button.

To be continued