CHAPTER: TWENTYONE

Walter went to the library to dig more into the principal of the school he was in.
And later would look deeper into the file he found in the car.
But he couldn't use the school's wifi network so he had to use cellular data to find out more about the principal.
While he was working, he had other things he needed to take care of, noticing the small note that the anthro tiger, Ava gave him.
Taking a look at it one more time, he thought for a moment about her offer.
"She can't know." Walter thought.

Ava's father was in his office behind him was a tall glass window showing sights of other buildings in the city.
He was writing down and reviewing a few contracts and paper agreements, and that's when his phone on his desk rang.
Taking a moment to recompile papers, he answered his phone.
"Yes?"
"It's Helen," Helen said through the other line.
Ava's father took a moment to readjust himself from his office chair.
"I think I have something from the school's database." She said.
"What is it?" He asked.
"I'm sending it to you right now." She said.
In an instant a notification popped up on his phone, Helen still on the phone, He opened it by pressing the icon on his screen.
It showed a profile of a blank grey photo icon that had a name.
Walter Speilberg.
Looking through it a bit more, he saw that the name was a male human.
"Wait?" He said.
"What?" Helen asked.
"It says here that the student is a human." He said.
"I know, but that's, not just it," Helen said.
"What do you mean?" He asked.
Ding!
He noticed a notification on his phone pop up that was a video.
Confused, he pressed on it that showed a surveillance recording video.
But what confused him more was to see a human boy at his locker, but to unexpectedly be greeted by a group of anthro wolf teens.
Once it reached the part where the human boy attacked the wolves without any notice he paused it.
"The hell?" He asked.
"I know, but I was able to capture the face of the student and his name from what you read Walter Speilberg," Helen said.
Ava's father was too shocked and confused but was able to come back to his senses and talk to Helen.
"Good work Helen, ill let you know when I need your help again, ill transfer your fee to your account as soon as possible." He said.
"Good, bye." She said, hanging up instantly.
When Helen hung up, Ava's father dialed another number.

In a big part of the city was a restaurant called The Red Fang, there were wealthy anthros with tuxedos or dresses inside of it, either eating or partying on the dance floor, some at a bar, and some flirting.
But on the upper level of the restaurant was Lex in a dark room of her office, watching over the city through a full-scale glass window with visors plastered against the glass. in front of her as it lit up from the aura of the sun.
Drinking from a wineglass full of red rose-colored wine.
taking a sip, she heard her phone go off.
"Sigh, what now?" She muttered, in an irritated tone.
She picked up the phone, to check the caller.
"About damn time." She said.
She answered the phone by pressing the green phone icon.
Then bringing it to her ear.
"Yes?" Lez asked, through the other side of the line.
"I have something." Ava's father said, through the other side of the line.

Ava and Carly were outside the school, watching as other anthro students left for the day.
"I think he's not joining us," Carly said.
Ava looked at her with a look of stubbornness.
"He will!" Ava said.
looking back towards the entrance.
"He has to," Ava muttered.
"What was that?" Carly asked.
"Nothing!" Ava said instantly.
At that moment Ava spotted the human boy walking out but stopped a few feet when he saw them.
"You came," Avca said, with a sign of relief.
"I did." He said, Walking toward her and carefully bringing his hand out.
"We haven't fully introduced ourselves, I'm Walter." He said.
Ava, slightly blushing in embarrassment, took his hand with hers, shaking it.
"Ava." She said.
"And this is my best friend Carly." Ava gestured to her friend.
Walter looked at Carly for a moment then Carly brought her hand to his to shake.
Walter shook it.
"Nice to meet you, Carly," Walter said.
"You too," Carly said.
Walter and Carly let go of each other hands and stood there in awkward silence.
both of them were in deep silence.
Before Walter spoke up they could.
"Ready?" He asked.
"Yeah!" they said in a verbal agreement.
The three of them walked together towards the pickup curb from the school.
That's when a pitch black coated Chrysler 300 came over to the curb.
Walter was able to see that Ava was part of a wealthy family, which triggered him.
But he kept his emotions in check.
Ava and Carly got inside first, once they were in, Walter followed them inside finding a seat apart from them, he needed to respect both their privacy and his, they just met and he knew that they would have hesitation in trusting him.
Walter knew that Ava was watching him but Carly was on her phone, possibly looking through Instagram, Snapchat, or Tiktok.
"Where to Ms. Ava?" The anthro white tiger driver asked.
"The usual, the comic shop," Ava said.
"Yes, Ma'am." The white tiger driver said
That's when they were moving.
While they were moving Ava looked at Walter, without even pulling out her phone.
"Why is she looking at me, isn't she going to just play on her phone?" Walter thought.
But was cut off from his train of thought when she asked him a question, that he thought was unnecessary.
"So, what kind of comics do you like?" Ava asked.

To be continued