CHAPTER: TWENTYFIVE

Walter's POV

I watched as the three anthro lion goons were looking around, which I assumed was looking for someone.

Arthur Kale was one of the well-known defenders on the Anthro Academy school Football team. The worst part was that he was a well-known anthro in the school and one of the top 10 famous anthros in the school.

This explained that he was wearing an orange-sleeved t-shirt and, over it, a winter football jacket resembling the school football team he was in. He wore what looked to be very highly tight blue faded colored jeans and other than that, what he was wearing, and aside from that, his goons were wearing nothing but the same thing sleeve t-shirt that was both green and blue and grey and black gym pants that you use for athletics such as jogging and basketball.

Arthur then stopped when he turned to notice Ava and Carly. They were on the edge inside the comic book shop, trying to hide themselves by covering their faces with the comic books they were previously reading.

I took a moment to move out from where I was and watched as the situation was evaluated.

"Arthur, stop." Ava said, in a quiet and irritated muter in her breath.

"Come on, the guys and I are having a little fun." He said also, but his tone was a little threatening.

But she felt uncomfortable when I saw the goons heading toward Ava, and they were even making fun of Carly. What triggered me the most was that they took her glasses from her, but Ava didn't do anything because she was defenseless, and she was even in Arthur's surrender, at first, I knew I was right about her being one of the cool wealthy girls. But I noticed her face and facial feline expressions scrunching because she was uncomfortable. I noticed that Arthur's arm was around Ava's neck, and that's when I saw Arthur's goons pinning Carly slightly against the wall of shelves of comics, and they were making fun of her. I knew she didn't like me, but what these anthro's were doing was wrong, especially to the two anthro's that I just met.

I noticed that Robert was watching the same thing that was happening. I did see, but I knew he needed to do something about this and what was happening.

And so did I, but I kept my distance to wait for the right moment to intervene, especially when it came to the anthros that met me.

"Hey, guys, there's no need for this," Robert said, looking concerned about what was happening. But he was still in the cash register area.

"Back off, old cat, or I'm coming over there to kick your ass!" Arthur Kale said.

Robert was a little startled by the young anthro lion's outburst.

That's it.

And that's when I froze when I saw the goons taking Carly's glasses off of her and about to crush them in their paws, and I even caught a small glimpse of a tear shed from the edge of her eyelid.

They seemed to notice that and mocked her, leaving Ava and Carly defenseless.

And they were scared, sad, and couldn't fight for themselves.

And that's what I needed to do.

"Protect, defend, save." I thought in my head.

And at that moment, I knew what I had to do.

I walked out from my hiding spot, and Ava and Carly noticed me and looked at me in fear and worry. Arthur and his goons seemed to see that their gaze shifted and turned to look at me.

"Heh, who the fuck are you?" Arthur said in a tone that was a hint of assuming.

"Dude, what's a human doing here? I thought only anthro nerds came in here." One of Arthur's goons said, which didn't surprise me how remotely stupid and dense they were.