018

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••𝐄𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐉𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬/ 𝐄𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐞𝗔𝘁𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗮, 𝗚𝗲𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗶𝗮February 2020 : 5:27 pm

𝐄𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐉𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬/ 𝐄𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐞
𝗔𝘁𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗮, 𝗚𝗲𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗶𝗮
February 2020 : 5:27 pm

-

I looked at my mother with guilty eyes as everyone left the room.

"I- I'm sorry. I don't know how-" I began to to say but she raised her hand to silence me.

"Essence baby, it's fine. Things happen and you're an adult. I'm just sad at the fact that this happened while I wasn't home." She singled to my bruised body.

"Benjamin was the father." She said breaking the silence.

Hearing that, the episode from earlier replayed, and I broke down crying.

Nothing could've explained the regret I had. I felt like I caused my baby's death.

I knew changes was going on within my body but, I had no signs of it whatsoever.

No nausea, vomiting, cramps.. no nothing. Only this past week I felt a bit nausea.

"Yes, he was the father. But he had no idea- I had no idea i was pregnant."

"You put me on birth control-." I rambled.

"Well your nineteen in a week. I can't be too mad. We need to have a talk young lady." She warned pointing her fingers.

"We have to discuss with the police about this matter. They need you to identify who did this."

"And don't lie. I saw a car driving out the driveway; I know for a fact that you must know."

"But since Aaliyah and the young man is waiting to speak to you I'll allow them." She quietly walked out the room as Liyah and Bryson entered.

"Essieee." Liyah dragged crying as she sobbed in my hands. Bryson just stood there uncomfortably staring at me.

"What happened bitch? Like what the fuck happened?"

"My mind is blank." I lied folding my arms.

"She lying." Bryson replied.

"I'm not."

"Nah, I just know you lying." He mumbled walking up to me.

"But, soon as you get better we got some shit to figure out. Aight?"

"Mhm." I nodded my head as he peck me on the lips.

"Awwe y'all too cute." Liyah smiled at us causing me to blush.

"I'm gone go home for a bit and come back later. We gone speak then."

"Alrighty." He softy hugged me in return before leaving.