Video Games

Millie's POV

Today I finally get to hang out with Sadie for the first time in forever. I've been really busy with filming, brand deals, my boyfriend, and everything in-between. I miss her a lot and it's nice knowing I get to see her again today.

I pull myself out of bed and head over to my closet. I grab my backpack and toss in a few outfits for the night. We were planning on going out to dinner but knowing Sadie we will probably cook food at home and watch a movie.

What's nice about Sadie's house is that it's a cute little cottage out in the woods. No paparazzi or fans to interrupt our time. Just some nice peaceful alone time.

I grab my bag and throw on a pair of slides. I pick up my car keys from my desk and walk downstairs. I give a quick goodbye to my boyfriend and hop in my car. I finally start the 30 minute commute to her house.

-time skip-

I pull into her obnoxiously long driveway and park in front of the garage. I get out and grab my bag from the passenger seat. I sling it over my shoulder and lock my car. I walk over to the front door, give it a good knock, then bust right on in.

"Hi Sad-" my mouth hit the floor in shock of what I was seeing. There she was on the couch with a controller in her hand. Pacifier in her mouth. Suited in a cute pair of overalls. Stuffed animals and toys scattered across the floor. A half-empty sippy cup sitting on the table. Not a care in the world.

She whipped her head over and immediately flung the pacifier out of her mouth.

"Shit Millie I'm so sorry please I can explain!" She got up off the couch and approached me. "Please I know it's weird and you're probably freaked out! Just please let me explain!" She started pacing back and forth in front of me with her hands on her head. I could see she was fighting back tears. I grabbed her shoulders and stopped her in her tracks.

"Hey listen it's okay. I'll let you explain Sadie. Can we sit down and talk about it?" Her teary eyes met mine. I felt bad for just walking in on her I definitely saw something I shouldn't have. I grabbed her hand and pulled her over to the couch. She sat far away and curled up into the corner of the couch.

"I'm really sorry please don't leave me or hate me." There came the tears. I scooted over to her and pulled her in for a hug. She was full on sobbing at this point.

"It's okay Sadie I promise I'm not going to leave and I don't hate you. I pinky promise okay?" I stuck out my pinky to her. She lifted her head up and hesitantly connected her pinky with mine.

"So um... why did you have a pacifier and all these kiddy things laying around?" I was genuinely confused why Sadie would be doing this sort of thing.

"Well I uh, it's a long story. I don't really want to talk about it right now okay? Just pretend it didn't happen and we can talk about it later. I promise." She turned her head away, clearly embarrassed. I nodded and got up from the couch. She turned her head scared that I was leaving. I reached down and grabbed the pacifier from the floor. I wiped it off and handed it to her.

"I promise I don't mind. You looked like you were enjoying yourself. Don't let me stop that Sadie." She looked confused. I sighed and gently slid the pacifier back into her mouth. I grinned at how adorable she looked. It suited her well. Sadie turned away, blushing hard.

"Can I play the game with you?" I said trying to get a smile on her face. There it was, that cute smile of hers.

"Swure" she mumbled behind the pacifier.

"Aww you're so cute. What game was it?" I picked up her controller and started scrolling through her Xbox games.

"Animawl cwossin" She turned to me and smiled. God and I thought she couldn't get any cuter. I'm still confused why this is happening, but it doesn't bother me. As long as she's happy I'm not going to judge. I clicked on the game and handed her the controller. She bounced up and down which came with a weird crinkly noise. I brushed it off and grabbed another controller.