Chapter 17 Part 2

The plot thickens

Silence was that I could hear around me. It was deafening to listen to.

A murmur here and there reached me ears, but went as quickly as it came.

It was dark as pitch, nothing could be seen but suddenly a small ray of light came from the endless dark.

It felt like I was running towards it but in all reality it was rushing towards me. The light was so bright I thought I was blinded.

The murmurs were actually shouts, commands it sounded like. And the light wasn't blinding at all it was a warm light. It was a fire.

I squinted my eyes a couple of times before I remembered where I was. when I did remember I instantly became sad and wanted to curl up in a ball to cry away my worries like a small child.

Next to me was Arden, his lifeless form untouched by any of the other guards, a few feet away from me on my left next to Arden was a small clothed bundle.

Part of it had an old blood stain from when I clutched my son one last time.

I laid there numb, out of pain and fear. My head and back aches but most of all was my chest. The area of my heart was hurting the most.

The pain was dull but sharp, long but short. It was a confusing pain, one of loss and defeat.

I slowly sat up clutching my head. it was almost morning, I would be waken up to the cries of a hungry son looking for milk if non of this happened.

I noticed that most of the people that were walking around moving dead bodies were of my kin. Lots of the attackers were either dying or were already dead.

In the distance I saw someone move a form that was in expensive looking clothing, their hair was braided into one long braid.

"Mom." I strangled out, my voice hoarse. I stood up and stumbled to her, tripping over stones and bodies. When I finally made it to her fresh tears were stinging my eyes.

I fell to my knees and hung my head in shame, feeling like this was my fault. I brushed a few stray strands of hair out of her eyes, they were open.

Staring straight up to the heavens, the vibrant blue-green now a dull clouded pale blue. I lightly traced my finger tips over her eyes, I sniffed once wiping the tears away before standing back up.

"Your majesty, there is a royal body that needs identification." I nodded, there couldn't be many royals here.

My father, mother, all the father's mistresses and a couple of step brothers/sisters. My father would surely be alive, he is a great warrior and wouldn't fall until his head was off.

The soldier lead me to the body, only it was the way I came from. That's when I noticed it. An Egyptian looking armor with a long orange red cape with gold sewn into it.

It was him.

Ahkmenrah

I froze in place, the possibility that this was my lovers body nearly took me down.

"No. no no no no no no. No!" I screamed, falling to the ground I turned the body over to see his coper tanned skin. Nothing had changed about him since I had last seen him.

Still handsome as ever; the smile lines barley there but still noticeable, his soft lips, gentle brown eyes, and his warm skin.

The only difference was that his eyes were closed, and a dagger protruding from his stomach. I pulled it out to lay it aside to him so that he wouldn't be in anymore pain.