Chapter 4

Chapter 4

We ran down the hallway, a loud yelling and sounds of something being thrown around became louder. We stopped at the balcony that over looked the middle of the museum. Complete and utter chaos has exploded! Paper flying everywhere, Civil war dudes fighting each other, the itty-bitty plastic guys fighting! What else can go wrong, oh yeah the tablet was stolen.

"What is that?" Ahkmenrah asked, looking over I saw the Huns, joy. They shouted at us as they started making their way to us, "Huns. I gotta deal with this guy." we all started running the short distance. Dad being the lunatic he was started screaming while running towards the Huns, who have deadly weapons.

We all stopped, dad and the lead Hun guy yelled in each others faces. "They act like such children." I muttered, I heard a chuckle next to me. I turned to see Ahk smiling a little, he turned to face me, concern over took his beautiful features.

"What? Whats wrong?" His hand caressed my cheek, "What happened to your cheek?" a frown etched its way onto his soft looking lips. "I was hit while I was trying to get your tablet back."
When his hand touched me sparks and tingles flowed through my veins, they still did.

His hand had reluctantly dropped from my cheek. Dad and the Hun were speaking gibberish, of course dad just making up words as he went along. The othe Huns talked, clearly dad had made a word up, as if he everything else he said was a real word.

"Pardon me Larry. I speak Hun." Ahkmenrah began to speak in their language, Nick elbowed me in the ribs. "So, you and Ahk, huh?" I went wide eyed. "We just met! So no!"

He smilied wickedly, "Uh huh, yeah, that explains the touching and soft speaking. You guys arn't clearly falling for each other." I gaped at him. "Why do you know all of this? H-How do you know what the touching and words mean?"
"I have my ways..." I rolled my eyes, "Saw mom and Don huh?" he nodded.

We never listened to Dad's, Ahk's, and the Hun's conversation, the words we did hear when we listened were:Ripping and dad. Great! "I get it. Ripping for you-You want to rip things, okay? And I think maybe that's because somebody ripped you a long time ago. In here." Dad pointed to his heart, "Did somebody rip little-little baby Attila a long ago right here?" dad placed a hand on where Attila's heart was supposed to be.

"They ripped-They ripped something out, didn't they? They ripped love. They ripped love right out of you, didn't they? A little baby all alone in the tent whose daddy went off to pillage some town or go plunder somewhere. Just doing his job. But who was left alone? You."

Attila started sobbing a lot, Dad hugged him while rubbing his back, singing in gibberish again. "Its okay. Its okay." Dad pointed to another Hun behind Attila, "Your next." he whispered. The Hun nodded while tears stung his eyes, 'Aww even Huns have a soft spot.' I thought.

Dad walked up to the railing moving his hands trying to get everybody's attention. "All right! I need everybody to listen up! Guys come on!" The rest of us walked up behind dad. Despite having a loud commotion going on, Ahkmenrah had stole me away for a minute. His hand came around my waist, holding me close to him.

My heart rate sped up as he leaned in close to me whispering into my ear, "You are absolutely beautiful and unique. I cannot keep my eyes off you Natasha, you are doing things to me no other women has done to me before." I blushed, he planted a quick kiss on my naked shoulder. My blushing turned crimson as it reached my ears and the back of my neck.

I was about to say something but then a loud "Quiet!" came from the Easter head guy, "My dum-dum want to speak." I turned to "Dum-Dum" aka dad.

"Thank you. Now this here is King Ahkmenrah. His tablet is what brings you to life every night. And those old night watchmen-they stole it. Now we need to find those guards and get the tablet back and we need to do it before morning. Civil War guys," all the Civil War guys stood at attention, "head over to the Planetarium Wing. My explorer friend whose name escapes me-"

Really? This is the guy who found America! Remember the rhyme "Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue, in 1492" Nick beat me to it of course, "It's Columbus." he whispered.

"Right, Columbus. Right. I'm sorry. There's no nameplate. So,Columbus take the Neanderthals and do a sweep from Invertebrates all the way through Reptiles. Jed an Octavius, their van's parked out back. Go take care of it."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. No. No,sir. I ain't workin' with toga boy." Jed shouted, Octavius pretended to play with his finger nails, "Romans work alone. Ow!" Jed stabbed his foot with some pole, "That didn't hurt. Don't be a baby."

"Yes, it did!" Oct had punched Jed in the side of the stomach, "Come on! Aaah! That was much harder!" Jed complained.

"Guys, come on! Jed, Octavius take away the fact you were born 2,000 years apart. You guys aren't that different. You're both great leaders. You just want what's best for your people, right? Civil War dudes! You guys are brothers, for God's sakes. You've gotta stop fighting. North wins. Slavery's bad. Sorry. Don't want to burst your bubble. But, South you guys get Allman Brothers and...NASCAR. So just chill! Look, without that tablet, all of this-this whole coming to life thing-it all goes away. Now, I don't want to let that happen but I need your help. We can get this done, but we gotta do it together. So, who's with me?"

Murmurs of agreement came out from various people, dad shouted the question again. Now that got everyone together! Good, now to go find that son of a bitch who stole the tablet.