1

I woke up to my stupid alarm sounding out I groan into my pillow and start rolling around not ready to get up yet. After a few seconds I can't stand the beeping so I roll over and try and find my phone eventually I do so I turn it off and roll back over. I bury my face into the duvet as light finds it's way into my sleepy eyes.

I hear a knock at the door then hear it open slightly followed by a sigh. "Kid you have to get up" Lucy says

"It's too early" I groan covering my face with a pillow.

"I know Codes but we have to get on the road soon if you want to make it there on time." I open my eyes remembering what's happening today. "Oh now your up" Lucy laughs to herself "lemme guess you forgot what was happening until I mentioned it?" I just nod. "Of course. Kiera's making us breakfast you get yourself dressed and I'll start loading the car. Okay?"

"Yeah thanks Luce"

"No problem kiddo" Lucy says and kisses my head before she leaves my room, so I get up and do as I'm told.

I've been living with Lucy and Keira for about a year and a half. Ever since I joined the senior team I've been close with them and when they found out my brother was moving away and I had nowhere to stay they instantly offered me their spare room. Ever since I joined the senior squad I've been treated as the baby of the team and I hate it. They're all really protective of me and I guess it's nice to know that they care but it also gets really annoying. Lucy and Keira were the first people I opened up to about my past, they were the first ones other than my brother (Ben) that I talked to about it all so yeah. It's gonna be really hard to leave them. I'm really glad that City have a week off so that Keira and Lucy are able to travel with me to London and help me settle in. I really don't know how I'm going to survive without them. Their like the sisters I never had.

After I finish putting on some joggers, a baggy t-shirt and Lucy's England jumper I stole I head downstairs to have breakfast with the girls.

"Morning" I hug Keira and then grab myself some orange juice.

"Morning, Codes. How you feeling about today?" Keira asks

"I'm dreading the travelling but it'll be worth it. I'm just glad you and Luce will be with me to help me settle in. I don't really know what I'm going to do without you. I'm really nervous as well. What if Arsenal's not for me? What if the girls don't like me? What if I'm not good enough?" I ramble starting to panic a bit.

Keira drops what she's doing and walks over to me. "Hey Codes, look at me" she say guiding my face upwards so that I'm looking at her. "You're going to be fine without me and Luce. We're gonna call everyday and all the girls are going to love you. I promise. And if any of them give you a hard time I'm sure me, Lucy and all the other girls will kick their ass even tho you could probably do it yourself." I let out a small laugh. "And don't you ever question if your good enough alright. You're one of the best forwards I've ever seen. You're a beast. I know you haven't had much game time which I don't get one bit may I add but that doesn't mean anything. Okay? You're incredible. You're going to do great at Arsenal. City's gonna realise how big of a mistake they made letting you go. Keep your head up Codes. Half of this job is a mind game. You've got to believe in yourself, okay Codes? I'm so proud of you kiddo, he is too." She says whilst picking up my right wrist and kissing my 'dad' tattoo.

"Thanks Kei" I say pulling her into a hug. "I love you so much"

"I love you too Codes" she says. We stay in our embrace for a while until Keira gets up to finish the breakfast.

Lucy enters the house after finishing up packing my car whilst Keira is dishing up breakfast. Lucy wraps her arms around Keira from behind and kisses her cheek. I watch their cute interaction not able to stop myself from smiling. I wish I could find what they have someday...

~~~~~

After we finish breakfast and sort out the last few things we get on the road. On the way I see a Costa and I'm in need of caffeine so I go in the drive thru and we all get our drinks. On the way down to London we just talk, laugh and sing along to my Spotify playlist because let's face it my music taste is the best.

After a while of driving we arrive in London and we end up at a little cafe for a late-ish lunch because we're starving. We eat then head to the Arsenal training facilities. I obviously asked Jonas if it was cool that Lucy and Keira came with me today and he agreed so it's all good.

We got in the reception and are greeted by a few staff members. Someone takes us to the office and I start signing my contract. Keira and Lucy are sat in the corner of the room watching as I'm talking everything through with Jonas and a few other people I've got no clue who they are if I'm being honest. Oh well. After a bit I'm finally done and I'm told that it's time for me to meet the girls. I instantly get nervous and when Jonas sees this he just looks towards Lucy and Keira who are instantly by my side reassuring me. Once I've calmed down a bit Jonas tells them they're not allowed to be in the meeting so they're told they can go to the lounge room. They both hug me one more time and wish me luck before we part ways. Jonas then leads me to the meeting room that is packed with all the players.

"Ready?" He asks me before opening the door. I take a deep breath and nod. He then proceeds to open the door and we take a place at the front of the room. "Good afternoon girls. I'd like to introduce to you our new signing Cody Mitchell." He says whilst smiling and placing a hand on my shoulder. "I expect you all to give her a warm welcome." He says and I look around to see all the girls with friendly smiles on their face and some of them nodding. I freeze as my eyes meet a pair of deep brown ones.

A/N- I hope this was a good first chapter. I honestly have no clue where I'm going with this. Who do you think got Cody freezing? Please feel free to give me any suggestions. Did I drag this chapter on too much or was it good or not enough? Let me know what you think. Hope you like it so far. Thanks for reading <3

-C