8

And suddenly my legs are swiped from underneath me...

I fall backwards and my right hand gets caught under me and I feel it bend back in a way it's not supposed to. Oh god, this isn't good.

I take my body weight off of my hand and role onto my front clutching my hand. My leg hurts a bit but nothing that I haven't had before.

I hear people shouting around me. I just bury my face in the floor not ready to face what just happened. The voices are getting louder and I hear one voice over all. Leah's.

"What the fuck did you do that for? You could've seriously injured her. How could you even do that?" I hear Leah scream, you could hear the worry and disappointment laced through her voice.

"I barely touched her. She's just being dramatic. You're only mad because she's your little girlfriend. Fuck off Leah" I'm assuming the person that fouled me shouted back.

At those words I immediately jump up trying to stop Leah from doing something stupid or confront the person myself. When I go to stand up I put my weight on my right wrist and immediately regret it.

"Fuuuccckkkk" I shout out in pain and clutch my hand. I see everyone's faces turn to me and I realise who fouled me. Jordan. Of course it was. She hasn't liked me ever since she saw me and Leah together. I never thought she would be the type of person to try to injure me because of everything. I guess I was wrong. I get to my feet whilst holding my right hand and walk towards Leah who is clearly angry. Her fists are clenched. "Le" I whisper in her ear gaining her attention. "She's not worth it. I'm fine just drop it, okay?" I whisper.

"Your not okay tho Co. That was a stupid foul to make in training. You're clearly hurt Co." She says looking at me seriously. I look at her pleadingly hoping she gets the fact that I don't want to make a big deal out of everything I think something in her clicks and she reluctantly nods her head.

"Your lucky she's here" Leah said pointing in Jordan's face before walking off. I follow her and once we're far enough away from the team, who are still having a go at Jordan,she stops and turns to me. "I'm guessing it's your hand" she says softly whilst looking down at the hand I'm clutching.

"Yeah I like fell on it weirdly and I think it bent back too far or something." I say whilst we both look down at my now slightly swollen wrist.

"It's swelling up" Leah says looking around. "The medics are coming over now to check you out." She says running her hand over my wrist. I wince in pain. "Sorry, love" she says causing a smile and a blush to appear on my face. "You like that, huh?" Leah laughs while I just shyly nod.

Soon after the medics get to us and I explain what happened. Leah's told that she can go back to the game but she said that she wasn't going to leave my side which made me blush even more. She also said that if she went near Jordan right now that she would probably end up punching her or something so it was better if she didn't go back. Everyone laughed at this and we headed to the medical room so they could check my hand out properly.

After about half an hour I'm told that it's a sprain and they think it's only minor so if it heals properly I could be back playing in a week or so depending on how well it heals. They wrap up my wrist then I'm allowed to go. I thank the medics then head out to the field to get my stuff. Leah's still with me like she promised.

Once we get on the field we see that Jonas is talking to everyone. We go over and join the huddle. After the end of his speech Jonas looks up towards me.

"So Cody, what's the damage?" He asks and everyone's focus shifts to me. I see Jordan looking pissed and is the only one not looking at me.

"Ummm sprained wrist. They think it's only minor so if all goes well I can start playing again in a week or two." I say with a shaky voice. I feel Leah wrap her arm around my waist causing me to smile then we look into each other's eyes again.