2

A/N- Trigger Warning ⚠️ some people might be triggered at the flashback bit just a heads up. Mentions of abuse.

I get lost in this pair of deep brown eyes. I have no clue what to say. I think I'm in shock. I'm brought out of my trance by someone coughing to try and get my attention.

"Ahem" someone coughs. I look around to see Katie Mccabe with a giant smirk on her face. "Now you two have stopped staring at each other with love heart emojis for eyes how about we show the newby around?" She says making me and the other girl blush and I start scratching the back of my neck whilst looking at the ground.

"Umm yeah that would eh-be great. Oh can we go get Luce and Kei they were told they couldn't come in the meeting room and what not so I think there in the chill room waiting for us to finish."

"Luce and Kei?" A few of the girls question not knowing who I'm on about.

"Oh sorry. Ummm Lucy Bronze and Keira Walsh. City have like a week off so they came here with me to help me settle in. I think it's really so they can make sure I'm safe because I was always classed as the baby of the team and they like see me as their little sister so yeah. Sorry you didn't need all that information. I'm gonna shut up now." I say stopping myself from rambling. A few of the girls laugh at my nervousness.

"Wait Keira's here?" The girls who's eyes I was staring in says. I nod knowing that they're good friends but somehow I still never met the girl before.

"Leah." Katie says getting the attention of the brown eyed girl. "Go" Katie says and Leah starts legging it out of the room. Everyone laughs and we all get up and follow the beautiful goddess of a woman who other people know as Leah Williamson.

On the way to the chill room some of the girls walk with me and introduce themselves and they all seem really nice.

Once we get to the meeting room I instantly see a blushing Leah with a smirking Kiera, Lucy and Katie. I was last in the room as I was called back to talk to Jonas he just told me that he can already tell that I'm gonna have a big impact on this team and help them to grow. That made me smile so much. I'm stood confused but then I see Keira and Lucy giving me the 'we gotta talk' looks. I already know what this is going to be about. Oh god. I go over to the two city girls quite nervous about what they'll say. I'm instantly wrapped in a hug by Keira.

"Hey we're not mad. There's nothing for you to be nervous about, okay? We'll talk about it all later, okay?" She whispers into my ear so only I can hear. How does she always know how I'm feeling? I nod into her so she knows I understand then we pull away and join the conversation.

The England girls are currently explaining a funny memory from their camp when the goddess of a woman lets out a laugh. Gosh do I love that laugh. I couldn't contain it any longer and my smile started growing. Throughout the conversation I'm just there lost in the presence of the beautiful woman. After a bit she zoned out the conversation too and she ends up looking into my eyes again which makes me blush but I can't look away to hide it. We just sit there getting lost in each other's eyes like we're the only ones in the room.

After a while I feel a hand on my shoulder so I reluctantly look away from the big brown eyes. Leah ends up laughing because I roll my eyes without realising. The sound forces a smile to reappear on my blushed face.

"So Codes, now you're done staring how about we give you that tour?" Katie smirks at me. The incredible sound of Leah's laugh instantly fades and I start to feel a bit awkward but I'm suddenly given a wave of confidence.

"No offence Katie but until I'm told by the girl I can't take my eyes off to stop I'm not going to stop. But yeah you can give me the tour but I can't promise that I'll pay attention." I say smugly but serious at the same time.

The room is covered with shocked faces, smirks, girls laughing, one angry face which I just ignore, then I turn to the only one that matters to me in this moment... Leah. She's sat there her face like a tomato and just staring at me with adoration. God I feel like I'm gonna die. My hearts beating out of my chest. I feel safe. I feel at home. I'm smiling so hard until I get a flashback. Oh no not this again. I immediately look at Lucy and Keira and I think they can tell what's happening. My eyes close trying to fight the memory that is playing over in my head. I hear Lucy trying to get everyone out of the room then suddenly I can't hear anything apart from the memory.

Flashback
"How dare you leave the house without my permission" my mum shouts at me causing me to flinch. "Did I give you permission to leave?" I'm now shaking in panic I shake my head at her so she doesn't get mad because I'm not listening like she did last time. "Where were you anyway you dumb slut?" She asks trying to see if I have a good enough excuse. I'm stuck in my spot. Trying to calm myself down so I don't have a panic attack. "You going to speak or what bitch?"

"Ummmm I-I w-as at f-oot-b-ball tr-aining." I say stuttering.

"Of course you were. You know girls shouldn't play football? I've told you this before. Every girl who plays football ends up gay. And my daughter won't be gay. They'll end up trying to turn you like them. I've told you this already. You're not playing anymore." She says and I instantly feel anger rush through my body. Tears start falling down my cheeks.

"No" I say sternly to her. "You don't get to do that. Football is the only good thing left in my life you took away all the other things I'm not letting you take this too." I say. Oh no. She's got her bitch face on. I go to walk away to try and get away from her but she grabs my ponytail and drags me to the floor. She then starts teaching me a lesson. I start to feel blood drip down my face and start to become dizzy. My vision goes black.

End of Flashback

I'm currently balling my eyes out whilst Lucy and Keira do their best to comfort me. After a while, I finally calm down.

"Sorry" I say looking at the floor.

"Hey you can't control it kid. There's nothing to apologise for. We just want you to be alright so don't feel guilty, okay?" Lucy says whilst rubbing my back.

"Thanks" I nod still with my eyes fixed to the ground.

"It's okay kid. We'll always be here for you." Lucy says this makes me smile. Then there's a little silence. I can tell Lucy wants to ask me something. Eventually she gives in and asks me. "Was it about her again?" Lucy asks cautiously with her voice breaking a bit.

I nod and sigh. "Yeah it was the time she told me I couldn't play football again" I say sadly. I hate that she still has control over me" I say with a sigh.

"Hey it's gonna be alright Codes. I know it sucks but you've got so many people here for you. You're so loved Cody. You have us, Ben, the City girls and a whole new family here at Arsenal. And by the looks of it a girl who doesn't just want to be your friend." Keira says and I immediately smile at the mention of the beautiful blonde. "See there we go. There's that incredible smile we all love" I let out a small laugh. "So are we talking about the cause of that smile now or later?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Well I don't know what it is really. I just know I like her a lot. Like when I was looking in her eyes before I felt safe and like at home and I think that's what triggered it the feeling of safety. You know? I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't even know her, how am I saying that I like her. God this is confusing." I say just saying my thoughts out loud and both of the girls laugh. "What's so funny?"

"You remind me of myself when I first saw Kei" Lucy stated causing all of us to melt a bit and smile. "It's called love at first sight kid"

"It's true Codes" Keira says with a smile. "Everyone can see it. Just go for it." I nod at her. "And Codes please don't hurt her she's been hurt before and it almost broke her. I'm gonna say the same to her about you but please be careful Codes"

"I always am Kei" I smile and place a kiss on her head.

A/N- Here's part 2. I hope you like it. I was struggling with the flashback bit. I think it turned out okay. So yeah. Thanks for reading <3

-C