12

A/N- this chapter is dedicated to one of my best friends. Maximoff-Romanoff Happy birthday lad! I hope this update is up to your standards. Love you bro.

Cody's POV

During training I just felt so good. I know this might sound weird but it feels like I finally found my place. Don't get me wrong I loved it at city, but here it's different and I don't really know why. It's like I've found my missing piece.

I lost a part of me when my dad died and I know I will never fully have that part of me back, but it feels like that hole has been filled slightly. If it's the fact that I'm playing for the team I grew up supporting and my dad loved. Or if it's because of her. The goddess herself. I know it's only been like a week but damn I'm falling for that girl so fast...

As I'm walking back into the building to get showered and changed I feel a weight on my back. I instinctively hold the person up by their thighs and start giving them a piggy back. I recognise the girl instantly. Her incredible laugh clarifying my suspicions. A smile grows onto my face.

"Hey Déesse" I say

"Hey! How did you know it was me?"

"I dunno just did." I smirk

She leans her head on my shoulder and discretely places a delicate kiss on my bare skin sending shivers down my spine and a blush to rise up my neck. "You like that Co?" Leah smirked.  I just roll my eyes and glance back to meet her eyes then we just burst out in laughter. We're still laughing by the time we get to the changing rooms. Leah's laugh is too contagious. I couldn't not join in.

As we enter the room everyone turns to us and starts looking at us weirdly. I put Leah down and we walk to our assigned lockers, still laughing our heads off.

"What's so funny?" Katie asks feeling left out. I just shrug my shoulders. "What do you mean you don't know?"

"I... don't...know" I say in between laughs. "Leah... started... laughing... and... I... don't... know...why" I say leaning over and holding my stomach. "Oh my god... I... can't... breathe. It hurts."

By this point most of the girls are laughing at our state and Leah is in a worse state than me. She ended up falling over from laughing to much. I continue laughing but walk over to her and offer her my hand. She takes it so I pull her up. Then it happens again. Our eyes meet and we instantly stop laughing and completely forget what we were thinking about before.

"Jesus Christ! Stop looking at each other like that! You're making everyone jealous!" Katie shouts throwing a shirt at us which I catch and throw back at her.

"Why you jealous for? What are we even doing?" I ask playing dumb.

"Oh you know exactly what you're doing Mitchell." Katie says getting annoyed.

Me and Leah turn to each other and start laughing again. This time everyone joins in due to the anger of the Irish girl.

"Heyyyyy! Stop laughing at me" Katie pouts

"No can do McCabe" I smirk and pat her on the shoulder as I walk over to get my shower stuff.

After I'm out the shower I realise all of the girls are already gone. I do take like over half an hour in the shower so it's kinda understandable. I think a few of the girls went straight in the gym afterwards. I would've joined them but I want to spend some time with Keira and Lucy before they leave. I know if I don't I'll regret it. So yeah.

I open up my locker and see a note. It's from Leah.

Hey my mum messaged and asked to spend the day together. She picked me up so don't worry about me getting home. Have fun with Kei and Luce. Message me when you get home safe please.