Chapter 1 : Part 4

"Oh hey YB!" I feel slightly embarrassed from going autopilot, but it all washes away when I see his smile. He seemed so excited to see me here, and that little mistake I made was easily saved with his smooth pick-up line! "Haha, so uh... About that date. Where do you want to go?"

"Oh, heh, I don't mind. But there is this new café in town that opened up recently if you wanted to go?" He asked, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. A warm blush painting his cheeks.

"That sounds lovely! I'm just going to go clock out for my lunch break!" I smile warmly, giving him a sweet peck on the cheek. His eyes lit up and his blush grew brighter. He stammered for some sort of answer, but nothing comprehensible left his lips. I walked away, glancing back and waving, teasingly. He seemed to be gazing dreamily at me, a content grin on his face.

I walk back into the kitchen to see a distraught TK. "Hey I'm clocking out for lunch now- you ok?"

"You... kissed that guy. Are you two dating then?" They inquired. I've always known that they had a secret crush on me, but it's never really interfered with our relationship until now.

"I- well- Yes. We are dating. He's really nice though!" I stutter, trying to save my ass.

"When did you two meet?" TK's always so worried about me. I can't have a single breathe without them worrying about me.

"Uhhh. yesterday-"

"Yesterday?! (Y/N), you met this guy yesterday and you two are already together? Do you know how dangerous this could be? What if he hurts you-?"

"TK!!! I'll- I'll be fine. You should stop worrying about me so much. I'm an adult now! I can provide for myself. If anything goes wrong, I'll be the one to blame. I have to learn from my own mistakes too!" They're going to stress themselves out, worrying about me. They seriously need a break. "Look, we can go out to lunch at some point this week and talk about everything more, ok?"

"I- Ok, (Y/N). But if anything happens, I WILL say 'I told you so'." Now that TK's back to joking around, the tension has faded enough for us both to be comfortable.

"Yeah, ok. I'll see you after lunch then!"

"See you later!"

I untie the back of my apron and hang it on it's peg. Then, smile on my face, I walk out of the kitchen and towards my ecstatic boyfriend.  "Are you ready to go, darling?"

"Ready as I'll ever- Wait, did you just call me...?" A hot blush stains my cheeks as I stumble over my words. I'm a sucker for pet names. "I- I- Uh- Um- L-let's go then!" I grab his hand and rush out of the door, too flustered to form even one coherent sentence.

"You're so cute when you blush, darling~"

"Sh-shut up..."

~Time Skip~

Second Person POV

You both arrive at the café, YB clutching your hand tightly. You, flustered as ever, clasp it back. The sweet chime of the door's bell gracing your ears. The two of you find a free table and, to his dismay, you let go of his hand and sit down. Deciding that silence would be awkward, you start up some conversation. "So uhh.. What's your favourite song?" Simple, but not as simple as small-talk.

"I like Pork-soda. It's got to be my favourite! What about you?" He does have good music taste, you think to yourself.

"My favourite songs, since I can't decide which one, has to be Candy Store, from the Heathers musical, and also Hayloft | and ||. There are others, like Alien Blues, but those are some of my main ones."

"Yeah, I know."

???

What does he mean "I know"? That's creepy. You think to yourself. "What do you mean 'I know'?"

A very short-lived expression of shock and worry is soon replaced by a calm and collected one. "I meant 'I know,  there are other songs I like too.'"

Phew, you think, I'm glad he isn't a creep.

The waitress comes and interrupts your conversation. "Hi, what can I get for you two today?"

"Can we have a chocolate milkshake to share please?" Your sweet boyfriend asks. A hot blush grazes your face. The waitress leaves to get the drink, so you stutter out an inquiry about it.

"I- uhm.. T-to share?"

"Yes, of course! I wanted it to be like our first date, although only yesterday. And since you seem to like them so much!" Awww, that's sweet! I love YB so much, you mentally gush over your cute boyfriend. Just as you think this, his cheeks flush a sublte pink.

~Time Skip~

The waitress had brought your drink 30 minutes ago and was already empty. You and Yb had been chatting about any topic you could think of: family, friends, favourite movies, him talking about how much he loved you and dousing you in compliments, childhood pets and the like. Your time, however, was limited and you needed to head back to work, Thing is, you couldn't break the news to him. So, you tried to subtly bring it up in conversation.

"What's your favourite time of day- oh speaking of time, I need to head back to work.." you quickly blurted out.

Man do you suck at this.

"Oh.... Yeah.. I'll walk you back if you want?" He solemnly asks, sad that your date had ended.

"It's ok! We can meet up again soon!" You try to lift the mood again, and get him excited about something else. His eyes don't light up as much as they did yesterday, but he still seems hopeful. "And yes, it would be lovely for you to walk me back to work." His face bursts with joy. His goal seems to be to stay with you for as long as possible, and that isn't bad. If anything, it means you have something to distract you from work for much longer.

.

[1010 words]