Chapter 3 : Part 1

Second Person POV
You can't remember how life used to be when you lived in the city. Obviously you have memories from living there, but each one faded and blurred. Every time you would inquire about life before, Peter would dismiss these memories, saying they were simply made-up. And you believed him.

Today, you two were supposed to stay in bed all day long, but that plan was soon interrupted by a knock on the door. Peter reluctantly gets up, kissing your head before he leaves. You watch him closely as he leaves. He shuts the door behind him, and you hear the front door creak open. As your mind begins to wander, a yell snaps you back to reality, a sudden burst of adrenaline coursing through your body. Leg and arms shaking, you crawl off of the bed and hide underneath.

You keep hearing incoherent yelling through the walls, even hearing glass shattering. You curl up tighter against the bed above you, body shivering. A sickly feeling resides in your stomach, feeling like you're about to throw up. Breathes short and rushed, head dizzy, blood rushes to your head.

Then the door opens.

Peaking through the gap at the bottom of the bed, you see someone walk in. And then someone else walks in, a woman. She seems to be yelling at the other one, who snaps right back at her. All of a sudden, the yelling stops. "Where is she..?"

Are they looking for you? You're sure they are, so you recede even further under the bed, unsure of what their intentions are. They seem to hear you and walk closer to the bed. Head buzzing, body shaking violently, your hyperventilating self is pushed up against the end of the bed.

One of the people get on their knees, and you panic. You stop breathing as to not bring attention to yourself. The man peeks under the bed, bright blue eyes shining through the dark., meeting your own.

Wait, blue eyes?

"P-Peter?"

"Darling, what are you doing under there?!" He reaches out to you, as you flinch. Peter refrains from coming any closer. "Oh (Y/N), I'm sorry if we scared you. It's just that.... my sister is here."

~Time Skip~

After finally coaxing you out from under the bed, Peter introduces you to Sarah. She seems nice enough. You two even have a pleasant conversation together!

Peter doesn't seem to fond of her however.

Eventually, she has to leave. You bid your goodbyes to her, and the two simply flip each other off. A few hours later, you're sat in bed, trying to sleep. Peter hasn't come in yet. He's in the bathroom doing something. You don't know. When he comes in, he seems... off. Peter doesn't great you with a happy smile and embrace you. No, he just climbed into bed and faced the wall.

You brush it off, thinking that seeing his sister today just put him in a bad mood.

.

.

The next morning, you wake up alone. "Peter?" you call out, to no reply. 'He's probably just out at the shops, that's all' you tell yourself. After sitting in bed for a while, you crawl out of bed and grasp your crutches. Peter had given them to you, saying that he trusted you to not leave him. You limp out of the bedroom and see that there was a glass and plate on the kitchen counter, supposedly from where Peter must've made breakfast.

Weird, since he always wakes you up with breakfast too. 'Maybe he was in a rush? Or he went to the shops because we don't have enough food? that would explain why he didn't wake me up! He wanted to get the ingredients for my breakfast so he could surprise me in bed!' What a simple answer. You decided to go back to bed so he could go through with his plan.

~Time Skip~

You hear the door open, and the rustle of plastic bags. 'Yay! Peter's home!' You smile to yourself and curl up in bed happily. You can hear him tinker around in the kitchen, making you breakfast? He walks through the hallway, and you giddily wait for him to come into the bedroom.

He walks past, and enters the bathroom.

Your mood drops, but remind yourself that he probably has a reason to.

~Time Skip~

Peter's in the living room and hasn't come in to greet you once. Did he.... forget about you? No, no no no! That was not the case, was it? It couldn't have been. You decide to get up, and ask him about it. Limping into the living room, you greet him with a smile. "Peter! You're home!" He stares at you, in disgust,

"Why are you still here?"

(Y/N) POV

H-huh? Is he ok? We live together, why wouldn't I be here? "What do you mean, I live here, with you."

"I wish you didn't."

"...what do you mean? I.. I thought you loved me?" He must still love me! He can't stop! I love him!

"Not anymore." My stomach sinks, I feel sick. Have I lost my mind? Has he?

I look at him in shock. Dropping to the floor. "You... don't love me anymore?" His eyes are cold, mouth curled in a grimace.

"I never did, what the hell would make you think I'd ever love someone like you?" Tears pour down my face, pleading to him to stop this.

"No, no no no no, stop, you're joking right? We're always going to be together, right? You- You love me. I know you do. Peter, please! I LOVE YOU!!" I cry, throat stinging.

"You're fucking insane. I've never loved you, and I NEVER WILL-!!" He yells at me, face contorted in anger, teeth bared.

His eyes soften.

"W-what did I just say.. Darling, I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me." Peter rushed over to me, embracing me in a tight hug, sobbing into my shoulder, mumbling apologies. I hiccup, still crying.

.

And that was when it started. The beginning of the end.

.

.

.

[1017 words]