Chapter 2 : Part 8

I wake up next to Peter. He must've brought me to bed last night. My body is covered in bandages and my limbs ache. I feel sickly, and have the urge to vomit. I nudge Peter with enough urgency for him to jolt awake and check on me. "Darling? What's wrong?" I gesture to my throat, then a weird mime of throwing up. He picks up on what I'm trying to say, and rushes me to the bathroom, where my empty stomach hurls up any remote contents, acid and blood dripping from my mouth.

Peter suggested that I eat something, so after he propped me up in bed, he left to the kitchen to mix up something I can eat.

~Time Skip~

Peter returned with a tray carrying a glass of smooth orange juice, a bowl of porridge/oatmeal and some toppings.
"Here you go (Y/N)! Try to eat it all up please. I'll be back from the shop with more meds in a bit, so please don't pull another stunt like yesterday again." A look of worry shadows his face, a mix between anger and sorrow. He doesn't want to remember it. I don't either.
I nod in agreement and, spoon of chocolate spread in hand, mix in a topping or two into my food and start to eat it. Peter looks pleased that I'm trying to eat, and soon leaves to the nearby town for supplies.

~Time Skip~

I take a long, careful sip of my orange juice and, once setting it down carefully, wonder what I'm going to do. I've already finished my food, and quicker than I expected, so I'm left bored and alone to my own devices.
I consider crawling along the floor to the living room to watch TV, but that would take forever, cause me horrific pain and worry Peter that I tried to do something again.
Maybe I could go on my phone? Problem is, I have no clue where I left it and it would most likely be dead by now.
Ideas come and go, and nothing seems to be worth the pain and agony of crawling, hopping or dragging myself out of bed.
One final idea pops into my head, and sounds perfect and painless for me.

Sleep.

.

.
I wake up to see Peter staring at me, a content look in his eyes. It seems as though he did not want to wake me up yet.
I look to my side and see a small bottle of pills and another small bottle of liquid medicine. Yuck.
He reached over, kisses my head, and grabs a pill bottle. He struggled for a minute, trying to get it open, and finally tips out two small white pills. He grabs a glass of water for me and hands it over. "Here you go, darling. Try to keep them down this time."

I swallow the pills and take a few swigs of the water to wash them down. I look back up at him, a grateful shine in my eyes."..." I nod at him, still incapable of speech, not matter how hard I try to talk.

"It's ok darling, you'll get back to speaking soon," He strokes my head, hand tangled in my hair. His hand then reaches down to my hand and takes hold. His free arm reaches up and his hand caresses my cheek, finger tipping my chin up so I look at him. He squeezes my hand, "Would you like to get out of bed now?" I nod, and he reaches down to grab me. I lift my arms up so he can easily take hold. Once in his arms, I cuddle up against his chest and purr, the only noise my throat is capable to make. Peter smiles and kisses the top of my head, then, reaches down to smooch my cheek. We make it to the living room and he gently sits me down on the couch. He grabs me a blanket an tucks me into a burrito, all snug and warm in my little roll, and purr and click my tongue, trying to communicate my excitement. He picks up on this and smiles warmly.

Peter sits down beside me, and he talks to me about all sorts of things, so I click and hum in return. He tells me that he has work to do tomorrow- a video of a product he needs to review- so they'll be on video call most of the day. I hum in return, leaning against his shoulder. "You can stay in this room tomorrow, since it'll be in our bedroom. I promise I won't be too long, (Y/N)."

"Mhm" I hum. As long as I get fed tomorrow. Just then, you could hear the gurgling of my stomach, indicating I was ready for dinner.

"Haha. I'll.. take that as a sign that you want food now huh?" Nodding in return, I smile up at him, pupils wide and puppy-like. "Awww, I can't resist a face like that!" He pinches and smooshes my cheeks. I blow a raspberry at him in frustration. "Ok, ok! I'll go!" He leaves to make dinner.

.

.

I love him.

.

.

[866 words]