Chapter 1 : Part 5

"And yes, it would be lovely for you to walk me back to work." His face bursts with joy, an adorable smile present on his face. He grasps your hand in his, YB's warm hands contrasting your cold palms. His giddy, almost childish behaviour when he holds your hand brings a subtle smile to your face.

.

(Y/N) POV

We finally reached the diner, and YB's joyful demeanour fades. He looks disappointed. "Hey, YB, it's ok. We can hang out again tomorrow if you want?" His eyes light up once more, a sweet grin adorned his face. "That's more like it! Ok I have to go to work now," I reach up and give him a kiss on the cheek, longer than the last one, "I love you! See you tomorrow YB!" I walk inside the diner, leaving a very flustered and happy YB behind me.

"S-see... you..." He mumbles, the ghost of his hand lingering over his cheek.

~Time Skip~

The day was long, but my shift wasn't as busy as expected. Just a few couples and small friend-groups coming in for a late lunch and a cheap dinner. I walk up to TK outside of the diner. We'd just finished closing up and clocking out. "Hey, TK! Short work today, huh?"

TK looks over to me, an almost... worried expression on their face. "Dude, you good?"

"Y-yeah.." they mutter out, "I'm just scared about that... boyfriend of yours." My boyfriend? But YB's so sweet, and would never harm a fly!

"What? Why?" Why would they think he's dangerous?

"It's just that you met him only yesterday, and he just seems so... creepy." Creepy? I mean, yeah he did come across as rather creepy at the park yesterday, but he was just being shy and awkward! He even realised and tried to make it up to me. "I'm probably looking into it too much, but just be careful around him. Please."

"I-... Ok. I'll be careful. I promise."

I wave them off as they drive away to their apartment. I start my long walk home. It's dark out, so tension is high.

~Time Skip~

The whole walk home I felt like someone was watching me, so I took a different route home and texted YB about it. He responded right away and settled my anxiety. When I finally made it home, I noticed that not only was the house clean, but I had a fresh coffee waiting for me on the side.

"Thanks Lucy!" No response. "Lucy?" I look around the house, and yet she's nowhere to be seen. She must've gone out-

"Hey (Y/N)!" Oh. She's in my room. Weird. I walk in to see..

"You... cleaned my room?" The clothes on my floor are neatly tidied away in my closet and drawer unit, floor hoovered and fresh sheets on my bed. "Wow. Th-thank you so much."

"Oh it's nothing! Since you always pay both halves of the rent, I decided to pull my weight and, well, do this! And don't worry about me not having a job, because," she shuffled around ad pulled out her phone, scrolling through and showed me her "application for a nail salon! They approved it and I'm going to my first meeting tomorrow!"

"Holy shit! Good job Lulu!" I applaud her, a wide grin on my face. "And thanks again for cleaning my room."

"Once again, you're welcome! Also, good night. I need to sleep after this, haha." she yawned and left the room.

I chug down my coffee, burning my throat. I curl up in my clean bed and shut my eyes tight. I reflect over the day, and think back to the date.

.

[616 words]