Chapter 2 : Part 10

TW: Suicide

"Darling, tell me what happened." I'm shitting my pants. He stares at me with a mixture of worry, guilt and anger, eyes holding so much emotion that I can't unscramble. I- I still can't talk yet, and don't want to, so I stare up at him with wide eyes. "(Y/N), what. Happened." His harshness brings adrenaline rushes throughout my veins, head pulsating and feeling like it's about to burst. I whimper, tears pricking the corner of my eyes as they threaten to leak.

"I- I- I-" I sniffle and hiccup, scared of what he might do to me. He has more power over me than I have over an ant. He could kill me if he wanted to, hell he could erase any memory of my existence off of the earth. I tremble, tears starting to pour down my cheeks. What have I done... Why do I always, always mess up. My stomach hurts, throat stings and eyes blurred. I can barely make out his figure moving into the kitchen and grabbing something thin and white-ish. He has a knife. He walks over to me, knife in his hand. I- I don't want to die yet. I've barely lived. He crouches down to me, knife still wrapped in his hands.

Peter cups my cheek, and wipes away my tears with the tissue he held. He kisses my forehead gently, and I can hear him sob quietly, oh so quietly. My head throbs, heating up and pressurised, ready to burst. I shut my eyes tightly and curl up in his arms, weeping my heart out, as heavy tears pour from my eyes, soaking his shirt. I clutch tightly to him, never wanting to let go.

~Time Skip~

The crying slowed to sniffles, and then to silence as we sat in each other's embrace. No more words were exchanged, not like they could be anyways. It felt like an eternity before I felt him lift me up, wrap me in blankets and place me among the cushions of the couch. I could hear him in the background, tinkering with different cooking utensils as I curled among the soft burrito I was trapped in. Not very long later, and I smell something good in the kitchen. My tummy rumbles, feeling as though I had been starved for years on end. Eventually, he comes over to me and picks me up, bringing me to the dining table. He sits me down, tucking my chair in after. He places down my plate of food in front of me, setting up his opposite my own. Finally, Peter sits in his chair and looks at me, worry masked by his joyful demeanour. He picks up his fork, but doesn't yet start eating, watching me intently. I don't feel hungry at the moment. Just the mere thought of eating makes me gag. I don't want to throw up again, but now I probably seem like I don't want to eat his food.

Minutes pass by, feeling like hours as time drags on. He gets more and more worrisome, it leaks through his mask, eyes meeting mine in a trance-like dance. A grimace prominent on his face when he finally decides to speak, "Darling, aren't you going to eat?" I stare back at him. I take in his deep blue eyes again, and yet I no longer feel how I once did. I remember the setting bright as day...

His eyes go back to mine, and I really take in how beautiful his eyes are. They're a mesmerising blue, one that I can't stop staring into. A minute goes by and he breaks the silence. "Are we having a moment or what?" My face burns as red as Christmas lights, redder than a tomato.

"S-sorry!"

"Hey, there's nothing to be sorry for!" he comforts me, being one of the few people I've met to not scold me for apologising when unnecessary. I find it... sweet and kind.

Why can't we go back to that, a happy, blind love. I don't want this anymore. I just want to be back there, but I no longer want to be sat with this psycho. The blood on his hands is mine, and I can't deal with this harsh change. The (Y/N) I was at that date is different to the (Y/N) I am now, and have become.

I don't want this anymore.

My mind flicks back to reality, and I lock eyes with Peter once more. He's crying now. I haven't uttered a word in days, let alone try and eat a meal. He grasps my hand tightly, murmuring apologies to me.

It's my fault. I shouldn't even be here. If I wasn't here, I wouldn't have derailed this poor man's life like I have. He's forever cursed with this... obsession with me. And now look at him, kneeling on the ground, pleading for forgiveness, arms wrapped tightly around my body as his tears soak the cloth around my thin body, my food deprived body. He's pathetic, and it's my fault.

~Time Skip~

My mind once again flicks back to reality. The house is dark, empty and he's nowhere to be seen. I wander around the house, looking for him. I check the bedroom, bathroom, everywhere! I open the door and walk into the woods as they lead me deeper and deeper, the end and beginning seeming impossible to reach now. I finally see a figure in the distance and run toward them, only to look up and see the thick rope tied around their neck. I sob, cry, and weep at his legs, wishing I could've done something different. Wishing I could've saved him. I cry his name, and my failed calls fall upon deaf ears. His eyes are bloodshot and dull, mouth in a horrific grimace, hands limp and deathly, body hung like a gruesome pinata. I cry, falling to the ground as I curse into the sky.

"PETER!!! PETER!! COME BACK!! DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE!!"

..

"PETER!"

"(Y/N)!!! DARLING WAKE UP!!" My eyes shoot open, darting around to find him. His, perfectly healthy, face by my own. "Oh god, darling what's wrong?!"

.

[1020 words]