Chapter 1 : Part 7

I wake up in the morning, soaked in sweat, curled among my plush pillows. I- I don't know what will come from this day. The nightmare I had last night freaked me out. I barely remember what happened but for some reason my dreams for the past few days have included YB hurting me. I know he would never do that but, especially since TK warned me about him, it must just be my subconscious giving me anxiety for something that will never happen. Classic nightmares, right?

I get up, noticing that once again, my window is open. Paired with last-nights dream, I feel incredibly scared. My windows have the shittiest of locks, so it must've been the wind last night. My phone starts ringing, an unknown number is calling me. I pick up the phone. "Hello? Who is this?"

"(Y/N)? It's TK? I thought you had my number saved?" What? But, I do have their number saved...

"I thought I did. For some reason, you're blocked on my phone."

"Weird, but that's not why I called you." They took a deep breath, their voice shaky. They seem to be.. well, shaken up by something. "Someone came to the diner today, for work, and they found a dead body in the freezer."

"Freaky. I had a nightmare last night- you know what? I'm going to head over and tell you about it. I'll see you there!"

"Cya!" I hung up on TK. I'm still rather.... scared from that dream. It felt so real. It especially doesn't help since I woke up with headache. The adrenaline rush has faded by now, and I can really feel the headache. I lean over by bed and tug on my closet. It's no longer wedged shut now, so I can actually get into it. There's a mysterious stain on the inside of the door and some odd fingerprints along the edge, but it's probably just from Lucy when she cleaned it yesterday. I pull out a clean hoodie and tug it over my head. I tie my hair up and place my favourite cap on my head.

Leaving my room, I yell out to Lucy, "I'm heading out now! I'll be back in a bit!" Once again, no response. At least yesterday Lucy was in my room. I check her bedroom and she's still nowhere to be seen. She's probably just left to the shops, or to that meeting for her job. Either way, she's most likely fine.

I shove some comfy trainers on and leave the apartment, and I notice that Lucy didn't take her keys. Whatever, she probably forgot them. I close the door, but don't lock it up yet. I walk down the hallway to the stairs and see Don, my landlord. We're rather close, especially since leaving my family leaves me without a reliable father-figure. "Oh hey Mr. Williams!"

"Morning (Y/N). Have you seen Lucy this morning? She still hasn't paid her rent."

"I- was just about to ask you the exact same thing... I have to go though. My friend says that a body was found at the diner I work at."

"Oh, alright. Let me know if you see her." I walk away and down the stairs, still worrisome about Lucy being missing.

~Time Skip~

I finally make it to the diner. There are police cars all around and an ambulance parked out front. "Hey TK. Is the body being taken away then?" They look rather worried still.

"Y-Yeah. Have you seen your roommate this morning? Lucy, right?" W-what? Why would TK be worried about- oh no.

"N-no I haven't. Why are you asking?"

"I-.. I think you should see this then.." They walk me over to the ambulance and say something to the officers stood in front of it. They then walk me over to the body-bag. An officer unzips the bag, and my worst nightmares became the truth,

My ears are ringing. Tears are falling down my cheeks. Everything is blurry and the people around me were shaking me, asking me questions I can't hear. My eyes dart around and land upon and alley way, across the other side of the street. I see a figure in a blue shirt and a sleeveless black hoodie, watching from afar. Enough is enough. I'm going straight to YB.

.

.

Third Person POV

(Y/N) walks into the alley, TK and the officers trying to stop her, but they failed and let her be. If only they knew what would come.

She walked over to the man who she trusted, the man that TK warned her about.

"W-what happened... what did you do...?" she manage to mumble, fear blocking her throat, a pit sinking in her stomach. "D-did you... kill her..? Was it you....?" Her boyfriend, someone she'd known for only three days, all of a sudden seeming like the stranger she once knew.

"Oh my darling, did I make it that obvious? I did this for you!"

"M-me? Wha-"

"ALL of this, my darling, was done for YOU. I'm fucking obsessed with you. I know everything about you: your work schedule, what soap you use to shower, your family, your old pets, your full name- EVERYTHING. I love you so much."

"Me? But I don't even know your real name!"

"My name? Oh darling, it's... Peter."

She looked at him, eyes wide, body shaking. (Y/N) was backed into the corner of the alley, no escape in sight. YB- no- Peter walked up to her, pinning her to the wall. His tall figure towering over her much shorter stature. "God, I could fuck you against this wall right now." His long tongue slithered out of his mouth as he stared at (Y/N) hungrily.

"G-Get away from me." She stuttered out. Scared shitless, she tried to push him away, but he just kept her on the wall. "Please, get the FUCK AWAY FROM ME!!" His eyes widened, staring at her. Peter grinned a maniacal smile, teeth baring. (Y/N) ducked under his arm and made a run for it, but it was far too short-lived when she fell flat on her face and was dragged deeper into the alley. Kicking his hands away from her legs, she leaped up and started the run all over again and was just reaching the edge of the alley when she felt something hard knock against her head. The last thing (Y/N) saw was the ground, and Peter dragging her back into the alleyway.

.

.

You black out.

.

.

The end of the beginning.

[1090 words]