Chapter 2 : Part 11

Peter shows me the finished video, and I feel so proud of him! Luckily enough, I've started being able to say a few words, but it still causes me great discomfort and pain to do so. At least I can say his name now! "Pe-eter!!" I coo happily, hugging him and kissing his face. We're curled up on his desk chair, in our bedroom. He smiles at me warmly, a subtle blush painting his cheeks as I smooch them. ":D"

"Aww darling, your smile is so cuute~!" His smooshes my cheeks together, kissing my lips sweetly. We stay in our warm, loving embrace, only interrupted by a knock at the door. I look up at Peter, visible confusion obvious on his face. He places me on the bed and tucks me in, kisses my forehead, and says "Darling, I'll be right back. I'll let you know who it was afterwards. Just stay here and don't make any noise. If you desperately need me, call for me, ok? I love you (Y/N)!" My hugs me tightly and leaves the room, the door slightly open. Hopefully I'll still be able to hear the conversation at the door.

I hear the door unlocked, and creaked open. There seems to be an officer at the door, and is... asking Peter if he can ask him a couple of questions..? Weird, but ok. My mind goes blank for a while, consciousness drifting along the streams of thought, things like food and places come to mind, even date ideas! Like a picnic! I'm only snapped out of my trance-like state when I hear something strange...

"Do you know what happened to (Y/N) (L/N)?"

???

What happened to me? But nothing happened to me... I hear Peter's muffled answer, almost saying "No I don't know." When my confusion fades and I drift off into thought, I'm taken back to earth when the officer brings in someone who's supposed to help with the questioning... someone who's voice sounds familiar.

Every word uttered fills me with memory, rings a bell, if you will. I can't connect a face or name with the voice until I hear Peter question who they were, and finally my questions were answered..

"I'm (Y/N)'s friend and co-worker? TK." Holy shit I forgot that TK existed! Damn I wonder how their doing. "Look, officer, we're not getting anywhere and this creep probably has (Y/N) locked up in one of his rooms. Can't we look around?" I hear Peter try to explain why they couldn't, and footsteps heading closer to the bedroom door.  Every excuse he throws is cut short by TK's stubbornness and frustration. They must've been looking for me for a while now, huh? I don't remember how long it's been since I last saw them, and I still don't want them to see me yet. See me in my horrible state. I know Peter said not to make any noise, but I can't help but cry. The people outside all hear this, and rush to the door.

My sweet, loving boyfriend rushes there first, coming to my aid. He wraps me in his arms, stroking my hair and back. I try to form some sort of sentence to explain my worries. "I- I no see... them yet. No. Please no... Peter..." He shushes me, trying to keep me calm. He reaches for a water on the bedside table and helps me drink it, soothing my sore throat. I can hear TK and the officer at the door, trying to see what's going on. "N-no." I stop drinking and cover my eyes, curling into a ball, hoping I'd just disappear.

"(Y/N)? Is that you? Are you ok-" TK tries to talk to me, but is quickly cut off by Peter.

"She doesn't want to see you right now, and doesn't want you to see her." His calming demeanour quickly changes to anger and hatred, face shadowed by it. Eyes and pupils thin, and I can see him glare at TK. I can see them now. They worriedly look back at me, taking in my crying face. I look back at them, and curl closer to Peter, trying to get smaller and smaller.

~Time Skip~

The officer informed me that I too would need to be questioned, but since I can't speak at the moment he let me write my answers down on some paper. He didn't have Peter in the room so he wouldn't interfere with the questioning, but I wanted him to stay.  Alas, it was just me and the officer.

"Were you kidnapped?" I scribble down on my paper a crude question mark. "Do you not know?" I shake my head. "Did you come here by choice?" Once again, I scribble down a short answer, 'I don't think so', "What connections do you have with that.... man you're with?" 'He is my boyfriend.' It would be weird if he wasn't. "What connections do you have with TK?" I pause to think for a moment, then scrawl my answer on the paper, 'They are my co-worker and my closest friend.'

"Ok, final question..."

.

"Do you want to be here?"

His question made me ponder for a while, a blank stare on face. Finally, grasping the pencil in hand, I scrawl down my final answer and lift the sheet off of my legs to show him the truth.

'No.'

.

.

[900 words]