𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟴 - 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘃𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘁𝘆.

a/n - please vote <3

we walk up the starts again. "these stairs will be the death of me," she mumbles. "first world problems, right?" i laugh. she gives a short laugh, and we walk to the kitchen. "i feel bad, you're always cooking," olivia says, sitting on the kitchen stool. "cooking's, like, my favorite thing to do, don't feel bad," i say, turning on the sink and washing my hands. "if you say so," liv says. "by the way, are conan and iris allergic to anything? should've asked before," i ask. "no, they're not," she says.

i take everything out of the fridge, washing them, "wanna help me? burgers are fun to make." "sure," olivia stands up, walking over. "okay, wash your hands," i say. i get out the beef mince, placing it on the table. "we need 6 patties," i say, i make one beef ball, showing liv. "about this size," i say. "okay," she says, ripping out some beef and making it the same size, looking over at the ball i made. "while you do that, i'm gonna put the fries in the air fryer, they should be done when we're done making the burgers," i say. after we portion the patties, i place them in the fridge.

i start to cut the lettuce on the chopping board as olivia washes her hands. olivia watches me, "that's satisfying." "cutting lettuce?" i chuckle. "yeah," she responds. "okay, you can cut tomatoes, right?" i ask. "yes, i can cut tomatoes," olivia laughs, "your expectations are so low for me!" "i'm just asking," i say, sliding over 3 tomatoes. i get a chopping board and a knife for her placing it in front of olivia. "okay, just cut these into slices, the knife is really sharp so be careful," i say. "got it," liv says, starting to cut it. i move the lettuce to the side, getting the onion. i slice the onion, making the sauce, then getting out the buns. i butter them, placing them on the pan, checking them every few seconds. "okay, i'm done," liv says. "okay, could you grab the patties from the fridge?" i ask, not pointing out how long it took her to cut the tomatoes. she gets them out, standing beside me as she puts them on the kitchen counter beside the stovetop. "patties is a funny word," liv smiles. "yeah, it is," i laugh. after the buns were cooked to a golden brown, i place them on a wooden board. "now, what you wanna do is squish the beef down to make a patty," i say. olivia gets a separate plate, squishing one down. "is that a good size?" she asks. "a little more," i say. she squishes it down a little more. "okay, perfect." she does that three times, and i use those three patties, adding them onto the pan as she does the other three. 

i add salt and pepper to the patties as it cooks, olivia watching. i add a little bit of butter for extra flavor too. i turn the heat down, letting them cook as i get another pan, adding the onion. "should we caramalize them?" i ask olivia. "i don't know what that means," she laughs. "it's adding more flavor with brown sugar," i smile. "okay, sure," she says. "alright, add some brown sugar, i'll tell you when to stop," i say. olivia starts to scoop brown sugar in, and i tell her to stop. i add some balsamic vinegar in, and hand a spoon to olivia, which she mixes on low heat. i add the cheese slices on top of the patties as they cook, transferring it to a plate after. i do the same with the other patties. after the onion cooks, i turn off the stove top. "okay, wanna help put the lettuce on?" i ask. liv smiles, walking over. we put the lettuce on the patty first, then the tomato, pickles, then the patties. i use a spoon to spread out the sauce on the patty, handing it over to olivia, which she does for the other three. we place the burgers together on the board. i look at olivia, and we both smile at the same time. "it looks amazing!" olivia exclaims. i put both my hands up, and olivia high fives me. i get my camera, taking a picture of the burgers before placing my camera on the counter and taking out the fries, which were perfect. i smile, portioning them onto each plate evenly. olivia and i take them to the dining table. i pick up my phone, calling zendaya, "lunch is done!" "okay, coming!" i hang up, smiling at olivia. i look away, getting glasses for everyone.

everyone starts to compliment the burger. "olivia helped this time as well," i smile. "i helped with the onions and cutting tomatoes, that's literally all," she laughs. "you helped with the presentation too!" i smile, picking up a fry. "who would've thought olivia was capable of that? she doesn't even know the other types of eggs beside scrambled," conan laughs. i look at olivia, mouth dropping. she laughs, "hey! i was never taught different types of eggs!" "i can't believe you right now, rodrigo," i laugh, "i'll show you tomorrow, we can make some." "are these, like, cooking dates?" zendaya asks. i chuckle, shaking my head, "it's cooking with a friend." "sure..." billie chuckles.