Chapter 7

What seemed like years, but was only a few minutes, Laura gasped awake and saw Sean and raven hovering over her.

"Nix! Oh my god! Are you okay? We thought you were dead!" Alex rambled, making the woman chuckle but then wince in pain that was coming from her shoulder. Turns out, a large piece of shrapnel had embedded itself into her shoulder. Taking a deep breathe, Laura yanked the metal out and let out an animalistic growl.

"Are you guys okay? Is anyone hurt?" She panted, looking at Alex, Hank and Raven who were wide eyed.

"We're fine, but you aren't-" Alex started to say, but stopped when he saw her wound seel up. Getting up from the sand, she dusted herself off and walked over to where Charles was, leaving the gobsmacked youngsters behind.

"Is everything alright with Erik?" She asked, making the man look at her in shock.

"Oh thank god you're okay. And apparently Erik can't find Shaw" Charles answered, making her frown but then an idea came to mind.

"There has to be a secret room" She said, to which Charles told Erik what she said and then it was silent.

"Erik! Erik?" Charles called to him, but got no answer and gave a worried look to the woman beside him. Laura had a feeling that Erik had found him, and she just knew that he wasn't going to show Shaw mercy.

"He's gone! He's gone into the void. I can't communicate with him there!" Charles yelled in frustration. The Maximoff woman decided to go outside and see if anyone needed her. She saw both Alex and Sean crash onto the beach, making her run towards them. Helping them up, the woman checked them for any injuries.

"Are you two okay? Are you hurt? Whoever did this I'm gonna shred their face off" Laura quickly spoke with a growl towards the end.

"We're fine, mum" Alex snickered, gaining a warning look from the woman but smiled at them while pulling them into a hug.

"I don't know what i would do if any of you got hurt" She mumbled, holding onto the boys tightly. But their moment came to an end, when they heard the fluttering of wings. Looking up, they saw Angel flying towards them. Quickly, Alex used his powers and aimed them at the girl and luckily burnt one of her wings.

Laura marched over to the girl, and glared down at her.

"You're on the wrong side, little girl" She growled, then kicked Angel in the head, knocking her out instantly. Suddenly, Hank and Azazel landed on the beach. Laura quickly got into action, running up behind the red man and sunk her claws into his back. Azazel let out a painful yell, and the voice of Shaw could be heard.

"Stop! Azazel" Shaw warned, then gave a subtle nod towards Laura who chucked him in the air, making him vanish then reappear just as Hank quickly knocked him out. Shaw soon shifted into Raven, who had a proud smile on her face.

"Good job, baby blue" Laura winked, and walked off leaving the two alone. The woman then froze when she heard a scream, realising it was Charles, Laura sprinted back into the jet. There she saw the man with his fingers to his head, and the sound of his intense screams echoed through her head.

"Charles?! Charles what's wrong?!" She yelled, but it was no use he was stuck inside Shaw's mind. Laura felt helpless, as she watched her friend scream in pain and it angers her that she doesn't know who's causing it. Then the screaming stopped, making Charles collapse into Laura's arms.

"Charles what happened?" She asked, helping the man to stand properly. Charles looked into her eyes, as he answered.

"Erik killed Shaw" Was all he aid, before himself, Moira and Laura walked outside and met up with the others. Looking towards the submarine, the group saw Erik floating in the air along with a now dead Saw.