Chapter 31

Fifty-six years since Logan changed the future, and for the most part it went smoothly. That was until 2028 happened. Charles was obviously quite old, so there ended up being health issues. One of them being dangerous seizures.

The first time he had a seizure, it injured over six hundred people and killed several of the X-Men members. Laura and Logan. Everyone they knew was dead. Their family. It left them completely heart broken. And because of this incident, the three went into hiding on the Mexican border and had some help from another mutant called Caliban.

The Howlett's changed drastically, for the worst even. Logan had always been a grumpy shit, except to Laura, and he looked more aged and tired.

Laura on the other hand, she wasn't the same. She used to be full of life, sassy, would always have a smile on her face and she was happy.

But now, she was angry all the time, bitter and was in constant pain. A few months before the incident, Laura started to notice some changes.

Whenever she got injured, the healing process would take a lot longer. When her claws came out, the pain would almost be excruciating. She doesn't talk an awful lot, and hardly ever smiles unless when Logan is trying to get her to smile.

One day in class, the woman started coughing up blood and collapsed to the ground. She later found out that she had a heart attack, but that's not the worst of it.

Laura found out that the adamantium was poisoning her blood, slowly killing her. The news shocked everyone, more so Laura and Logan.

Logan was distraught at the thought of his wife slowly dying, and that he didn't know how long she would have left. Turns out, not long after the incident, Logan started showing the same symptoms. The two just hoped that if they were going to die, that they would die together.

To this day, the four live in an abandoned factory. Logan works as a limo driver, while Caliban and Laura look after Charles. Laura always feels bad that Logan goes out to work, while she stays back but he always reassures her that it's okay. 

Even after everything that has happened, Logan and Laura are still as close as ever. Their love is still strong, and on going.

When the two weren't working or looking after Charles, they would spend their time cuddling together and....other things. Their sickness and pain doesn't ever stop them from showing their love for each other.

Right now, Logan was fast asleep in the limo when he was woken up by the car jolting and the voice outside. Groaning in annoyance, the man sat up groggily and stumbled out of the car. He walked around the car, and saw a group of men trying to take off the wheels.

"Uh, guys" Logan spoke up, gaining their attention.

"Those are chrome-plated lugs. You're gonna strip them. The plating flakes off" He said, watching as one of them walked towards him.

"Look at this guy, eh?" the man snickered.

"This is a lease. No one's gonna pay to ride...." Logan started to add, but then a gunshot went off and caused him to fall to the ground violently. The group of men laughed, and went back to what they were doing.

Logan was only just conscious and gasping at the pain. Slowly he moved to his side, and slowly got up while grunting in pain.

"Uh, guys, guys. Guys, seriously, you don't wanna do this" Logan breathed out, then lifted his hands up and he claws slowly grew but didn't fully grow out.

Quickly, the men attacked him with the tools in his hand, making him swing his claws at them.

He missed each time, and was knocked to his knees and smacked in the head. The man behind him came at Logan, but luckily he got him and chucked him at the others. Another guy came at Logan, but he stabbed him through the arm making him scream.

Logan got hit in the face with a gun, but that didn't stop him from scratching the mans chest. The man shot towards the car, causing Logan to jump in front of the shots.

"No! Not the car!" Logan yelled, while taking the bullets. Suddenly, he was tackled to the ground  and the group kicked every part of his body continuously.

That is until something in Logan snaps, as he lets out a roar, and slices one of their hands clean off. The shot gun that was in his hand went off, and hit the car angering Logan more.

"Motherfucker!" He growled, and went crazy killing the rest except for two who got in their van and drove off.

Logan stood there, panting and bleeding heavily. He turned to the car, and saw some of the damage that had been done.

"Shit" He muttered to himself, as he limped to the car, getting in and drove off to the nearest motel.

Arriving at the motel, Logan got a clean suit out from the back and made his way to the bathroom. He took off his jacket and coat, chucking them in the bin beside him. He leant over the sink, and watched as the bullets in his body slowly fell into the sink.

He cleaned himself up slightly, and put on his clean shirt. Looking in the mirror, he stared at himself, almost not recognising the person staring back. Sighing, Logan grabbed his jacket and got back into his car and drove off.

"Everyone's asleep, Burt. Sleepwalking. Between the ice caps, the pornographers, poisoned water, mutants...it's all connected"

"Hey, Clyde. It's twenty-twenty-nine. Why are we still talking about mutants?

Boy was it going to be a long night, thought Logan.