Chapter 16

The next morning, Logan had woke up first. He spent a few hours just watching his beautiful wife sleep.

He couldn't help but feel love and adoration when ever he looked at her. He always wondered how he got so lucky to have a strong, beautiful, feisty woman by his side.

Logan snapped away from his thoughts, when the barn door opened and in walked Travis.

"You and the missus sleep okay?" He asked Logan, who turned to look at him.

"Uh...yeah" Was all Logan could get out.

"You look like a man fixing to do a bad thing. Your wife had the same look on her face when she got here" Travis said, as he walked towards Logan, who was sitting on a motor bike.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood?" The older man asked.

"What?"

"They find it. We all got a choice, son" Causing Logan to look at Travis with a stern look.

"Yeah, mine and Laura's got taken" Logan sighed.

"Bullshit" Travis replied, which surprised Logan. Travis was silent for a while, before he handed over two leather jackets.

"These belonged to my son and daughter. Try this on and give this one to your wife when she wakes up" He said, watching Logan pull on the leather jacket and was surprised to see that it fit. Fixing the jacket, Logan looked up at Travis with a smalls smile.

"Thank you" He said, with a nod. Then his ears perked up when he heard movement behind him. His smile grew, when he felt arms wrap around his waist.

"Nice jacket, babe" She mumbled against his shoulder sleepily, making the man chuckle. Logan pulled her to his side, kissing the side of her head. Laura looked to see Travis, and gave the man a smile.

"Why don't you two take my bike for a spin. Test the suspension" Travis suggested, making the two chuckle.

Laura watched in amusement, as Logan sat on the bike and nearly laughed when the bike sunk slightly under his weight.

"Man, you're heavy" Travis said, causing Laura to hide her laugh behind her hand. Logan saw this and rolled his eyes, but she could see the playful smile on his face.

"Yeah, i put on a little weight recently" He answered, just as Heather walked in with a tray of food.

"Good morning you two" Heather smiled brightly, then stopped when she saw Logan wearing her son's jacket.

"Oh. It fits you beautifully" She smiled once again. Laura who was about to grab the tray, stopped in her tracks. Her eyes caught sight of someone far upon the hill. Her eyes widened when she heard a shot being fired, and quickly grabbed onto Heather.

"Get down!" She yelled, as more shots fired. The woman gasped when she felt two bullets lodge into her abdomen, and the two women dropped the ground.

She could hear Logan calling out to her, as more shots were fired. Looking at the woman in her arms, she saw that the bullets hit Heather first and went into Laura.

Her eyes moved over to where Logan and Travis were, and her heart broke when she saw that Travis was also dead.

Laura felt insanely guilty, knowing that it was hers and Logan's fault that they were killed. Logan looked over at his heart broken wife, and quickly went over to her when he saw two holes on her shirt.

"We need to get out of here. I know for a fact that the gunman was Agent Zero" And just as she said that, they heard a helicopter fly above them.

"Come on, get on the bike" Logan quickly said, as he hopped onto the bike and Laura put the jacket on, and sat behind him.

"Hold on tight, baby" Logan said, as he revved the bike and drove off just as two missiles hit the barn, making it explode. As Logan sped through the field, Laura kept looking behind her and watched the helicopter follow them.

The woman let out a surprised yelp, when she heard multiple shots being fired at them as they drove into the woods.

She hid her head against Logan's back, her hold growing tighter around him. As they sped through the woods, shots continued being fired at them but Logan swerved out the way each time.

Eventually, the two were out of the woods and were now driving down a gravel road. Looking behind her, Laura noticed a large car speeding towards them.

"I'm gonna deal with the car" She yelled.

"What! No don't you-" Logan started to yell back, but stopped when he saw his wife leap towards the car. Cursing to himself, Logan continued driving down the road.

Once Laura had leapt off the bike, she landed on the top where a gunman was and kicked him off the car. Laura then turned the gun around, and shot at the two cars behind her. The woman got hit by a couple of bullets, but it didn't faze her and she continued shooting.

She then watched as both the cars swerved off the road, and crashed. Turning to face the front, Laura's eyes widened when she saw Logan slice at the car she was on. Cursing at the man, she leapt off and was able to land on the bike behind Logan.

"Thank you for the warning, love" She sarcastically yelled, but before he could answer they saw a missile heading their way. The couple quickly leapt off the bike, Logan slicing the propellers and Laura sinking her claws into the helicopter.

Laura let out a scream, as the helicopter spun out of control and eventually crashed onto the ground.

Logan grabbed onto his wife, and the two flew off the helicopter and landed a few meters away. The two groaned in pain, both of them with deep cuts on their faces that quickly healed.

"You okay, Laur?" Logan panted, looking to see the woman stumble to her feet and went to help him up.

"That was liberating" She chuckled, giving the man a quick kiss on the cheek. Her gaze then changed cold when she saw Zero, and stalked her way over.

"Zero? Zero are they dead?" She heard Stryker say through the radio.

"No. I'm down" Zero grunted, just as Laura met his gaze. The woman showed a sinister smirk, and walked over to him, grabbing the head piece.

"You tried to kill us" She growled.

"Nix?"

"Where's Victor?" She asked.

"Both of you come back to base. I'll explain everything, we'll take Victor down together" Laura let out a dark chuckle, and looked to Logan then back at Zero.

"Wrong answer, bub. After we kill Victor, we're coming for you. And i can guarantee you that your death will be slow and painful, just like your side bitch, Agent Zero over here" She snickered, while glaring at the agent.

"Nix, listen to me. If you go down this road, you're not gonna like what you find"

"You wanted the animal, Colonel. You got it" Laura responded, her eyes getting slightly teary as she threw the head piece down. Her heated glare was aimed at Agent Zero again.

"Those were good people back there. Innocent people" She spat, feeling the familiar pain and guilt from the earlier events. Agent Zero let out a chocked out laugh, as he watched Laura walk away with Logan.

"It's funny how good, innocent people tend to die around you two" Zero called out, this time making Logan bring out his claws and swipe them over a trail of gasoline. The man then wrapped an arm around his wife's shoulders, and walked away as the helicopter exploded behind them.