Chapter 27

"Raven" Charles spoke up, leading the people behind him into the room. The woman looked up, and saw her old family.

But suddenly, she let out a scream as she was shot with a taser gun. Laura was the first to react, and leapt at the man. Grabbing him by his throat, she threw him against a wall harshly.

Laura snarled at the man, but then her gaze was on Raven who was now looking at her.

"Laur?" The woman grunted in pain, making Laura collapse to her knees and placed a hand on Raven's head.

"We've come for you, sweet girl. Erik, Charles and I. Together" She smiled, as she looked into the familiar yellow eyes.

"I---I never thought I'd see you guys again" Raven breathed out, smiling at Charles and Laura.

"I made a promise a long time ago that i would protect you, and i didn't, and-and i...." Charles rambled on, but Laura wasn't listening. Her gaze was now on Logan, who was looking at the man she threw across the room.

Laura's eyes widened when she saw the man almost collapse against the wall behind him, making her quickly go over to him.

"Logan? Logan, are you okay? What's going on?" She asked, feeling herself start to panic when he didn't answer her.

"Erik, Erik what are you doing?" Laura heard Charles ask, making her turn to see the man aiming a gun at Raven.

"Securing our future. Forgive me, Mystique. As long as you're out there, we'll never be safe" Erik stated, not looking away from the scared woman.

"Erik, don't do this. This isn't the way to handle this" Laura warned from her spot, but it seemed as though her words went unheard.

Everyone watched as Raven ran towards a window, Hank tackled Erik to try and stop him from shooting her but to no avail. He used his powers, and a bullet lodged itself Raven's leg.

China

Laura jumped, when she saw Logan start to grunt and move around. Quickly getting up, the woman grabbed one of his hands and watched Kitty struggle.

"He's slipping. He's slipping back. I'm losing him" Kitty panicked.

"Baby? Logan, It's okay. Just try and relax, please" Laura spoke to him, in hopes that he will hear her. But she let out a yell when he swung his claws around, and ended up getting both Kitty and Laura. 

Kitty screamed in pain, causing Erik to use his powers over Logan. Laura was thankful for her quick healing, and grabbed onto his hand once again.

Paris

"Where am i?" Logan puffed out, his eyes instantly on Laura's blue ones.

"Huh?" Charles breathed out, looking from the window to Logan in confusion.

"How the hell did i get here?" Logan asked, as he stood up from his spot on the ground.

Laura watched him in concern, as he looked around the room. Her and Charles looked at each other with deep confusion, and looked back to Logan.

"What? You came to us" Charles answered.

"Who are you?" He asked the two in front of him.

"I'm Laura Maximoff. This is Charles Xavier" Laura answered calmly, but yelped when Logan grabbed onto her roughly and glared down at her.

"I don't know you" He grunted, but then jumped back when he saw Hank in his beast form.

"What the hell is that?!" He exclaimed, making Hank give him a warning look.

"Whoa, whoa. Look, whoa. We can deal with this. Just go" Charles ordered Hank, he jumped out the window.

"You're Logan. That was Hank McCoy. I'm Charles Xavier and that's Laura Maximoff. You spent the last couple of days with us" Charles tried to explain, but then looked to Laura for some help.

"You're on acid. Somebody gave you really bad...acid...Yeah?" Laura answered quickly, gaining a deadpanned look from Charles making her shrug.

"Just hold on tight--we'll get through this together.

China

"Oh, my god, Kitty" Bobby panicked, as he moved to his girlfriends side.

"She's wounded pretty bad" Bobby spoke up again. Not long after that, they noticed Logan's claws retracting and they sighed in relief. The young woman looked up at Laura, and nodded.

"I got him"

Paris

"Professor? Laura?" Logan suddenly spoke up, causing the two to smile.

"What happened to you?" Laura asked, gently placing a hand on his shoulder. The man looked to her, and smiled fondly at her.

"I just saw someone who's gonna bring me...and Laura a lot of pain someday" Logan answered, seeing Laura's face change to slight fear and confusion.

"Where's Raven?" He asked.

"She's gone. Look we have to get out of here" The female Maximoff stated, leading the two out the room.

Once they got outside, they stopped when they saw the amount of people in front of them. Taking a deep breathe, Logan gently placed a hand on Laura's lower back and lead her throw the crowd of people and back to the jet.