Laura Maximoff's Past

It was the year 1836, Laura Maximoff was born in the snowy mountains of Canada. Her mother, Maria, unfortunately died not too long after her birth due to the flu. David Maximoff raised Laura as best he could.

But things would soon start to change for Laura Maximoff.

One day, the nine year old was playing outside when she felt pain in her finger nails. She noticed how her short nails were now starting to grow, they almost looked like the nails of a big cat. Laura didn't really think much of it, until her whole body started to hurt.

Her father had been inside, when he heard a high pitched scream. When he ran outside, Laura was nowhere in sight, instead there was a small snow leopard where his daughter had been playing.

David was fearful that the animal had killed his daughter, and so he quickly ran back inside grabbing his riffle. When he went back out, with his gun raised, he was confused when he saw his daughter on the ground crying as if she were in pain. When he ran to her, he noticed the claws and that her once grey eyes, had turned a bright shade of blue.

Fortunately for Laura, her father didn't kick her out or hate her for what he saw. He actually helped her control her mutation, and trained her in self defence. David was proud at how quick she had learnt to control her mutation, and would make sure to tell her everyday.

When Laura turned twenty-one, her father unfortunately died of cancer. His death caused great pain and anguish, but the young woman had to keep it together.

So, a few months after his death Laura decided to join the army, which a few years later led her to fight in the Civil War. Not before giving herself a new look, and a new name.

William Maximoff, was what she or better yet he went by. Laura was relived that she was able to get in, and she used all the training her father taught her to defeat the enemies.

Laura, or William fought in multiple wars and won many awards for his services. Until one day in 1956, one of his closest friends, Michael Jameson got brutally killed by an enemy soldier.

Something snapped in him tha day, and a deep and frightful rage erupted from within and he unleashed it onto over two dozen enemy soldiers, and accidently killed two commanding officers from her side.

Many civilians and soldiers from both sides saw what he was, to which they then found out the he was in fact a woman. She was then arrested and locked in a cell, and waited for her punishment to come.

But when it did, they were surprised to see that her wounds had healed and she was in fact still alive. Laura was then moved back to Canada where she was sent to a Military prison, which she stayed for six years.

Years later, a Major William Stryker stood at the front door of her cabin. Apparently he had been monitoring her for years. He offered her a place on a team he was creating called Team X, to which she instantly said yes to. Not at all knowing what she was in for.

Being the first on the team, Stryker went out to find more members. Over the next few months, Team X had gained Fred Dukes, Agent Zero, John Wraith, Chris Bradly and Wade Wilson. Laura didn't mind being the only woman, seen as she spent many, many years fighting alongside men.

The men were surprised to see a woman on the team, but they soon grew to like and respect her. Wade and Laura were the closest, the woman didn't really care that he spoke so much, she was just glad she had a friend.

Later on, two more mutants had joined. Half brothers Victor Creed and James Howlett, who had been recruited after they killing some of their own men and a senior officer.

The two were the quieter ones of the group, especially James who preferred to go by Logan. The two were quite handsome in Laura's opinion, but there was something about Logan that really struck the woman.

Victor had become a sort of older brother to Laura, the two bonding over the fact that they had similar mutations. Over time, Victor had grown protective over Laura which she appreciated. Logan on the other hand, he was completely enamoured by her.

At first when he saw her, he was confused as to why she was there but after hearing a bit of her story he understood why she was there. As the weeks went on, Logan and Laura had grown very close.

The others had noticed that the two were basically in love with each other, and would make sure to tease them whenever they had the chance. Wade and Victor were the worst when it came to the teasing, but it seemed like Logan and Laura didn't care.

It didn't take long for the two to become a couple, and they couldn't have been happier. Although, as happy as they were in their relationship, they couldn't say the same with the work on Team X. The two had noticed the changes, the missions became more violent and more innocent people were getting killed.

Eventually, it became too much for them when Victor was close to killing an innocent civilian. Laura decided after spending five years on Team X, she left and luckily Logan came with her. The woman was upset to leave Wade behind, even Victor but Stryker had walked them down a bad path and she just couldn't do it anymore.

So, Logan and Laura decided to move back to Canada, where Logan built the two a beautiful cabin. A year after they left, the two got married in their back garden. Logan had taken up being a lumberjack, while Laura became a history professor at the local university.

The two had spoken about children, but they later found out that with their mutations they wouldn't be able to. Laura had always wanted to be a mother, and was sad to find out she couldn't. But working as a professor, it made up for that missing part of her life.

Logan and Laura's life seemed normal, or as normal is it can be for two mutants. But they were happy and very much in love.

If only they knew what would happen six years later.

If only they knew how much pain and suffering they would have to endure for the rest of their lives.