Chapter 9

It was a beautiful morning in the Rockies, Laura was still asleep but Logan was wide awake, as he made his way outside.

Laura turned over in her sleep, feeling for Logan. She opened her eyes when she didn't feel him next to her, and looked around the cabin. Getting out of their shared bed, Laura walked outside to see Logan looking at the view.

"Why are you up so early?" Asked the woman, making Logan turn to her with a soft smile. His hazel eyes looked over her figure, seeing her dressed in one of his shirts. He always loved seeing her like this, messy hair, sleepy eyes and dressed in either his shirts or sweat pants.

"Come here" He smiled, reaching his hand out to her which she instantly took and cuddled into his side. The two shared a small kiss, while Logan wrapped his arms around her.

The two stood there for a while, just embracing each other's touch. Laura was the first to pull away, and looked up at her handsome husband.

"Come on, stud. We both have work in a few hours, we should get ready" She said, giving him a quick peck and started to walk towards the cabin, but then she stopped and turned back to see Logan watching her.

"Are you going to shower with me, or are you gonna leave me to shower alone?" Laura said battering her eyelashes innocently, gaining a smirk from the man.

"I'd be stupid to pass up such a great opportunity to shower with my stunning wife" He growled playfully, as he chased her into the cabin.

After the two showered and got ready for work, Laura was driving Logan to work. The two sat in a peaceful silence, Logan's hand entwined with one of hers. When they got to his work, Logan got out the car and grabbed his things.

"See you later, kitten" He winked, as he started to walk away from the car. Laura rolled her eyes with a smile, and got out of the car.

"Hey, i think you're forgetting something Mr Howlett" She smirked with a raised brow, making Logan chuckle.

Laura always did this, because she knew that his co-workers gave him shit for it. Walking back to the woman, Logan gave her a quick but tender kiss which made the others whistle and laugh.

Laura got back in her car, and drove off to work. Arriving at the school, the Howlett woman greeted some of her students and other teachers. After setting up her things, the bell rang and her students ran inside.

"Good morning, everyone" Laura smiled, gaining smiles from her students.

Good morning, Mrs Howlett" They chorused, and the lesson started.

Later that day, Laura and Logan were asleep. That was until Logan woke up screaming, with is claws out. Laura instantly woke up, feeling a set of his claws digging into her side.

"Logan" She said, gaining his attention and that's when he noticed what he had done. Retracting his claws, the man began to apologise profusely.

"Shh, my love. It's okay. I have the same healing factor as you do, I'm okay" She cooed, as she wrapped her arms around him and rested her head upon his.

It wasn't uncommon for Logan to wake up from nightmares, even Laura has them. The amount of times Laura scratched him or hooked her nails into him, or when Logan would scratch or pierce her skin with his claws.

The nightmares would always be terrible, they consisted of their times in the wars, being in Team X and they've even had nightmares of each other dying. But each time either of them would wake up screaming, the other would comfort them instantly.

"I'm sorry, Laur. I'm so sorry" Logan breathed out, his hands gripping onto the shirt she was wearing. Laura sighed, gently pushing Logan to lay back down and she moved to rest on his chest.

"Don't ever apologise, James. I understand. Although, we're gonna need new sheets again. I'm starting to think that we should stock up on them" She giggled towards the end, causing Logan to let out a breathy laugh and held her closer to him.