Chapter 37

When Laura woke up, she didn't expect to see little Laura staring down at her.

Looking around, she noticed that they were still in the limo and they weren't moving. Sitting up the best she could, she saw Logan and Charles watching something on a phone.

"What did i miss?" She groggily asked, only catching Logan by surprise. The man dropped the phone, and pulled the woman into his arms.

"Jesus, you scared the shit out of me. When Charles told me you were unconscious, i thought the worst" He mumbled into her shoulder, as the two tightly embraced each other.

"I'm okay, my love. How long was i out for?" She asked, as the two slowly pulled away from each other.

"An hour" He responded quietly, still not looking away from her and kept holding onto her hands.

"Where's the kid?" Laura asked, now noticing that the little girl wasn't with them.

"She's over there, riding a mechanical horse. Listen, Laura. There's something you need to know about this child" Charles started to say, making the woman turn away from the girl and turned to look at him.

"What about the kid?"

"She's yours and Logan's child" He simply said. The older woman froze, and stared at her friend in disbelief.

"Wh--i uh---how? I think i would know if i gave birth to a fucking child!" She exclaimed, getting out of the car and gripped onto her hair tightly.

"Your DNA was used to create Laura. She's definitely yours. She looks like Logan, but she has your fierceness and attitude" Charles answered.

The older woman couldn't believe what she was hearing. She didn't know whether she wanted to cry, laugh or faint at the thought of being a mother.

The mother of the little girl, who is now violently shaking the coin machine beside the ride.

Without even thinking, Laura Sr walked towards her "daughter" and watched her claws come out, and aim for the machine. Quickly, she grabbed her arm making the girl look at her.

"Last ride" The woman said, putting a coin in the machine and walked into the petrol station.

Walking into the women's room, Laura Sr took her shirt of and examined her injuries. Sighing in relief and annoyance, she saw that the bullets had come out but the wounds hadn't healed.

Quickly locking the door, she grabbed some paper towel and ran it under the water, before she tried to gently clean the blood off.

She was able to do her arm, but Laura realised that she had two wounds on her back that he couldn't reach. Almost as if knowing she was struggling, a knock was heard on the door.

"Laur? It's me, Logan. Can i come in?" Unlocking the door, she watched her husband slip in and close the door. Blue eyes met hazel ones, their emotions could easily be seen in them. Grabbing paper towel, Logan carefully cleaned the blood on her back.

The two didn't speak at first, not really knowing what to say. Until Laura decided to end the silence.

"So, we have a kid huh?" She muttered, then hissed when he touched one of the wounds. She sighed softly, when she felt her husband place soft kisses on her back and neck, before he met her gaze in the mirror.

"I--I guess we do" He mumbled against the skin on her shoulder.

"I mean, i can see it. She looks a lot like you and she definitely acts like me. See, i told you i smelt our scents on her" Laura Sr snickered, leaning onto his chest and felt his hands move to rest on her stomach.

"I'm sorry i doubted you. I just can't wrap my head around it, is all" Logan replied softly, nestling his face in the crook of her neck.

"I know, darlin. I get it. I mean, i always wanted a kid of our own, i just never expected this to happen. Especially now because we're....." Logan heard her drift off at the end, and moved his gaze to look at her saddened face.

"We're dying? Yeah, i know" Was all he could say, as he tightened his arms around his wife more.

Hesitantly, the two pulled away and left the bathroom. What they didn't expect to see, was Laura Jr about to stab the cashier with her claws. Logan quickly walked over to her and pulled her away.

"Not okay!" He growled. Laura Sr grabbed some cigar's and snacks, then took the little girl back to the car. Thankfully, the girl didn't seem to be as hostile towards the woman like she was with Logan, which Laura Sr found amusing.

Putting her in the back, the woman seated herself in the driver's seat and waited for her husband to come back with Charles. Once they were back, and in the limo they were off.