Chapter 19

Not long after, Remy had flown them to the island. But unfortunately for them, they had to jump out of the moving plane. Laura's swears very bone in her body broke, as she basically bounced along the water like a rock being skimmed.

Once the two were on land, Logan lead the two towards the main building, When they got inside, Logan used one of his claws to unlock a door.

Carefully walking in, the two looked around but flinched when they heard a door close. Laura's eyes widened when she saw two guards dragging a young man away.

It made her think as to what they did to the poor boy.

"Come on, Laur" Logan whispered, grabbing her and lead the two to a staircase that they climbed up. When they got up to the floor they needed, they saw doctors surrounding a body, and at the head of the table was Stryker.

The anger flooded their veins when they saw the man, and it took everything in them not to straight up attack him.

With cold, hard glares on their faces, the couple walked further into the room, not once taking their eyes off Stryker. As they got closer, without looking Stryker spoke up.

"Logan, Nix. Welcome back to the war" He said, making the two grow angrier.

"Before i gut you, we want to know why" Laura spat, glaring holes into the man's head.

"I needed both your powers for the pool" HE answered simply, making Logan and Laura more confused.

"For the what?" Logan spoke up.

"The mutant killer. Deadpool. Years of searching and refining, finding the right powers that can coexist in one body without ripping it apart. My son was the first piece of the puzzle. Nix, Logan you were the last. You made Weapon XII possible. I....asked you for help Logan, but, uh, you said you wanted the quiet life. Well...I've learned that nothing motivates the men in your family like revenge" At the end of his speech, Laura let out an animalistic growl and got her claws out.

"Did you both really think we'd just let you walk away? You're a dangerous pair. We like to keep an eye on dangerous people like you two" Stryker added.

"Remember how i said i was going to make your death slow and painful? Well i like to keep my promises" Laura snarled, and was about to attack when Stryker suddenly aimed a gun at her.

"You think a bullet is going to stop me? Please, i fought in four wars and i got shot plenty" She laughed.

"Oh, i know, Mrs Howlett. But you see, the bullets in this gun aren't just ordinary bullets. They're made of the very metal that you and Logan have in your body. One bullet to the head, and that'll be the end of you" He explained, causing Loan to gently pull his wife back to him.

"Come on, darlin. Let's just go" Logan whispered to her, gaining a shocked look in return.

The two looked at each other, as if they were having a silent conversation. Sighing in defeat, she glared at Stryker one last time and let Logan lead her out of the building.

Once they were further outside, Laura pulled her hand out of Logan's and stopped walking. Noticing this, Logan turned to the woman in confusion.

"What's wrong?" He wondered.

"Why didn't you let me kill him? Why are we just letting him get away?" She suddenly asked, her eyes cold, dark and full of anger. Logan knew she was upset, and he knew how much she wanted Stryker dead. So did he.

"Laur, he would've shot you, okay. Do you really want to die?" He questioned, gaining a scoff.

"That's besides the point, Logan. That man has ruined our life. He has probably over a dozen mutants in there, and is experimenting on them. Not to mention he's creating yet another weapon. Don't you think we should oh i don't know...stop him!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air.

"No, Laura-" He started to argue, but she stopped him.

"Look, I'm not leaving until Stryker is dead and those mutants are free. Do whatever you want, i don't care" She spat angrily, then walked off back to the main building they just came from.

Logan watched his wife walk away from him, with anger and sadness. He was angry that she didn't seem to care that her life was at stake, and he was sad that he made her upset. Sighing in annoyance and defeat, Logan ran after the woman and hoped to god nothing went wrong.