Chapter 24

1973, Canada

Laura Maximoff was at the local bar in a small town called Dawson Creek, drinking a beer and smoking a cigarette. Her eyes mainly glued to the tv that was in the corner, until she felt a presence beside her.

"Now what's a pretty lady like yourself, doing in a place like this?" Turning to look at the man, Laura saw a tall man with brown wavy hair, blue eyes and pale skin. His face was unshaven, his clothes looked dirty and Laura could easily smell the alcohol on his breathe.

"Well, as you can see I'm having a drink and a smoke. And I'd very much like to do that alone, if you wouldn't mind" She casually answered, turning back to the tv and took a sip of her drink. But it seemed as though the man didn't get the hint, and decided to sit very close to her.

"No woman should be drinking by herself in a bar. Why don't you and i get out of here, and uh, have some real fun" He whispered in her ear, making Laura's blood start to boil but she kept her cool and looked to the bartender. He gave her a knowing smirk and nodded his head.

"Alright, sure why not. There's an alley next to the bar we can go to" Laura fake giggled when the man slapped her ass.

She paid the bartender and lead the overly excited drunk man to the alley outside. And as soon as they did, the woman quickly grabbed the man by the neck and slammed him against the brick wall.

"Now you listen to me, and you better listen good. When a lady says she wants to be alone, then you better fuck off and leave her alone" She growled, and punched him hard in the face and watched him collapsed the ground groaning in pain.

"And if you ever touch me or any woman like that again...." She started to say, as she knelt down and whispered in his ear.

"I will gut you like a fish" After that, Laura left the alley with a proud smirk on her face and started making her way back home.

As she was walking home, the woman looked behind her and noticed a car. At first she didn't think much of it, but looked again when she turned down the road to her place and saw the car still following her. Keeping her cool, Laura walked faster until she came across another alley way and climbed up the side of the building.

On the roof, Laura noticed that the car stopped and three people got out. Taking this as her chance, the woman leapt from the roof and tackled one of the men to the ground. Her claws elongated, one of her hands going around his neck and the other aiming at his face.

"Why the fuck are you following me?! Who the hell are you?" She hissed, looking into the hazel eyes of the stranger.

"Woah, woah Laura it's okay. He's with us" Came a rather familiar voice, making Laura look away from the man and look to see someone she hadn't seen in eleven years.

"Charles? What the hell are you doing here?" She asked, but didn't get off the unfamiliar man.

"We're sorry, Laur. We saw you leaving the bar, and we decided to follow. I think we now know that was a stupid idea" Hank spoke up, rubbing the back of his neck with a sheepish look on his face. Laura's face softened when she saw the man, and quickly got off the man she tackled and gave Hank a hug.

"It was very stupid, indeed. But I'm happy to see you, Hank. It's been a while" She grinned, as the two hugged. When they pulled away, Laura turned back to Charles and that's when she really noticed how different he looked.

"My god, you look like Jesus if he was addicted to crack" She frowned, but pulled him into a hug anyway.

"Thanks, Laura. It's good to see you too" He muttered sarcastically. Stepping away from Charles, Laura's attention was now on the mysterious man.

"And who might you be, stalker?" She asked, walking closer to him.

"The name's Logan Howlett" He replied, giving here hand a shake. Logan felt his heart suddenly spike, and a feeling of warmth went through his chest.

As he looked at her, he couldn't help the sadness he also felt, knowing that she has no idea who he is. But that would soon change.

"Well, Logan, Charles and Hank. What was the reason for you to be following me like a bunch of creeps?" Laura asked, not looking away from Logan. For some reason, she felt like she knew him. She will admit, he was very attractive and the way he looked at her gave her butterflies.

"It would be better if we explained it to you on the way. We have another person we need to go pick up" Charles explained, as the they got into the car.

During the car ride, Logan had explained everything. That he was from the future, that they needed to stop Raven, to save all mutants in the future etc. At first Laura couldn't help but laugh, not at all believing the man but soon realised that he was telling the truth.

Although, the car ride itself was horrible. Charles was always a horrible driver, and honestly there were a few times where Laura wanted to jump out the window but would be stopped by Hank.

After a painful few hours, the group were close to their destination. Laura only knew that because Logan was shouting directions at Charles, and occasionally he would do a wrong turn.

The woman found it very amusing to watch, although she would end up distracted. Her thoughts were on Logan, and why he seemed to be so familiar.

She also noticed that he would look at her in the side mirror, and he would look at her as if he knew her. Did they know each other in the future? Were they friends? Or were they....no they couldn't be....could they?

Laura was snapped from her thoughts, when she felt the car come to a halt. The group got out the car, Laura stretching out her arms and legs with a groan.

"I think I'll be driving next time" She hummed, giving Charles a cheeky grin to which he scoffed at in reply.

"I'm not that bad" He muttered, causing Laura to laugh.

"Hank had to stop me from jumping out the window multiple times" She snorted, making Charles stop and look at her.

"Wait, that's what you were doing?" All he got in reply, was a wink and the woman followed Logan to the house they pulled up on.