Chapter 21

"Guess Stryker finally found a way to shut you up" Logan added.

Usually, Laura would scold him for saying something like that but this certainly wasn't the right time. The three of them stood there for what felt like forever, all of them just waiting for something to happen.

The Howlett's then watched as Wade started towards them, starting off by walking then he was jogging towards them.

"Wade, you don't have to do this" Laura spoke up, hoping he would stop but instead he just ran at them.

"Alright, maybe you do" Logan said, just as Wade spun around and went to kick Logan but missed.

Not once did Wade even swing a blade in her direction, and that confused the woman. She watched the person who used to be her best friend, fight her husband. Laura was hesitant to join the fight, but she didn't want Logan to fight alone.

After making a decision, Laura ran up behind Wade and sunk her claws into his back. When she pulled them out, her eyes widened when she saw the wounds close up quickly.

"You've got to be shitting me" She groaned, but then let out a surprised yelp when she felt a rough kicked to the stomach and felt herself land on the ground. Groaning in pain and annoyance, Laura got back up and cracked her knuckles.

"Okay, you want a fight. Let's fight, bitch" She hissed, and the two began to fight.

Laura did a spin, and delivered a kick to Wade's head and sliced the skin on is head. What she didn't see, was that Wade had swung his right arm towards her abdomen and stabbed the blade all the way through her.

Laura's face quickly changed to a look of pain, but that didn't stop her from swiping a clean cut to his neck.

The new Wade pulled away, letting the blade slide out from her stomach. Next was Logan's turn to fight him, the two of them fighting their way out of the building. Laura kicked Wade in the back, making him fall forwards slightly and that let her run towards Logan.

"We need to climb up there" He said, pointing to a plant tower. Giving him a nod, the two sprinted towards the tower and used their claws to climb up to the top. Once they got to the top, They both looked down to see Wade still at the bottom.

"Let's see you dance up here" Logan taunted, and suddenly Wade was behind them.

"You had to ask" Laura muttered, and instantly swiped at Wade who deflected her hit with one of his blades and kicked her out the way. Logan growled and went to stab Wade, but the man vanished and almost made Logan fall off the tower.

"Logan!" Laura yelled, just as Wade appeared and went to stab him.

Laura got to her feet, and almost collapsed when she saw that Wade was about to cut Logan's head off. But he was stopped when Victor swiped at him, and he vanished again. Logan began to fall off the edge, making both Victor and Laura grab onto him.

"Nobody kills you but me" Victor said, gaining a heated glare from the woman beside him.

The two then pulled Logan up, and then the three were suddenly hit by a force noticing that it was Wade. The brothers went back to back, while Laura stood near the edge of the tower, her claws ready.

Wade appeared before Laura, and he went to stab her again but she luckily stopped him.

"Not this time, bub" She growled, and threw him towards Victor who swiped at him.

Continuously, Wade went back and fourth between the three. None of them being able to get in proper hits. Luckily, Victor was able to grab Wade by the neck and let Logan stab his claws into his back.

But again, Wade vanished but this time to the other side of the tower. Laura was the first to react, and sprinted towards the man. When she was closer to him, she pushed off from her feet and leapt at him but again he vanished and this caused Laura to thankfully flip back onto her feet.

Looking around, the woman waited for Wade to appear again so she could get a hit in. When he re-appeared in front of her, she growled loudly and was able to scratch at his eyes.

The Howlett woman let out a frustrated snarl, when Wade appeared behind her. But before she could do anything, Wade had stabbed both the blades into her back and out her stomach.

The woman let out a thunderous howl, the pain feeling worse because her body is trying to heal around the blade's.

She was so focused on the pain, she didn't notice that Wade had now started to push her towards the edge. She only noticed when she felt a harsh nudge on her back, and felt herself falling off the edge of the tower.

"Laura!!" She heard both Victor and Logan yell, as she continued to fall towards the ground. Laura didn't scream as she fell, but she could feel tears in her eyes. As she fell, the woman did notice the red beams that seemed to cut through the tower.

Laura could sense that she was close to hitting the ground, and closed her eyes. Memories of her life flashed behind her eyes lids. Memories of her, Logan and Victor. Her and Logan moving into the cabin her built them. Hers and Logan's wedding day. Basically every moment that her and Logan shared could be seen in her mind. But it soon ended when everything went black.

Back up on the tower, Logan had just cut off Wade's head and watched his body fall. The man was crying tears of anger and grief. He just watched his wife get stabbed then thrown off the tower, possibly falling to her death. Wiping his eyes, he turned to look at Victor and gave him his hand.

"This doesn't change anything between us, Victor. We're done" Logan spoke up, his voice breaking towards the end.

"We could never be done, Jimmy. We're brothers. And brothers look out for each other" Victor responded, and just as he was about to jump off the crumbling tower he turned back to Logan.

"She won't be dead, Jimmy. She's too stubborn to die" He said with a knowing smirk, and finally leapt off the edge.

Stumbling slightly when the tower started breaking, Logan quickly jumped off and landed roughly on the ground.

The man laid on his back, his eyes widening when he sees a large piece of concreate fall towards him. But before it could hit him, Remy suddenly appeared and hit the concreate with his stick and the pieces fell around him.

"You miss me?" Remy smirked, but it went away when he didn't see Mrs Howlett.

"Where's your wife?" He asked. Logan quickly got on his feet, and started running in the direction Laura had fallen. Remy followed the man, and watched as he called out her name.

"Laura! Laura baby where are you?" Logan yelled, pushing away bits of concreate off the ground. When he pushed off a large piece, what he saw caused the air to leave his lungs.

There laid his wife, bloody and unconscious. It was like deja vu...seeing his wife like this. Kneeling to the ground, Logan moved Laura into his arms and shakily placed his fingers to where her pulse should be.

"Is she okay?" Logan heard Remy asked, but didn't respond. The male Howlett nearly screamed for joy, when he felt a pulse and he pulled her closer to him.

"Come on, kitten. Wake up for me" He pleaded, as he pushed her hair out from her face and placed light kisses to her face.