Chapter 11

After the reunion with Stryker and Zero, Logan went to pick up Laura from work. He had parked at the front, and watched his wife interact with her students. He couldn't help the fond smile that appeared on his face, seeing Laura talking to them.

As if feeling his gaze, the woman looked up and saw her husband staring at her. Chuckling to herself, Laura gave him a small wave and finished her conversation with her students. Once she grabbed her things and got in the car, the married couple were on their way back home.

Laura had noticed how quiet Logan was being, and it made her worry.

"Logan, darling, are you okay? You haven't said anything since you picked me up" She said, snapping Logan from whatever he was thinking about. The man looked to her, and sighed.

"Stryker came by today" He said, making Laura go tense at the name.

"What did he want?" The woman asked.

"Don't worry, kitten. I said no. And i know you would as well" He answered quickly, giving her hand a squeeze and a comforting smile.

"There's something else, isn't there?" Laura asked, making Logan's heart drop.

"Yeah, uh, Stryker told me that Bradley was killed. He said that it seems like someone is hunting down the members of the team. Victor's fine, but..." He said, stopping at the end not really wanting to tell her knowing it was going to hurt her.

"But what, James?" She pushed, as Logan gave her a sad look.

"Stryker also said that Wade is dead too" Hearing that caused Laura to squeeze her husbands hand tighter.

Her heart dropped, as anger and sadness brewed in her chest. She was sad that her best friend was dead, but she was angry at whoever killed him.

The anger caused her claws to elongate and a growl to vibrate through her chest, which didn't go unnoticed by Logan who looked at her worriedly. Even though Logan didn't really like Wade that much, he knew how much he meant to his wife. So it hurt him to see her so upset.

"God, why is he bothering us after six years?" She muttered, while lacing her fingers with his free hand.

"Because we're the best there is at what we do, but what we do best isn't very nice" Logan replied, glancing at Laura then back at the road.

"We're not animals, Logan. What we have is a gift. It took me so long to accept it as well, and I'm hoping one day you will as well" The woman said.

"Darlin', you can return a gift" Logan mumbled, causing his wife to roll her eyes.

The two then sat in silence after that, Laura's mind else where. Until suddenly, they had to come to a stop. Looking up, Laura noticed two men parked on the bridge casually talking.

"Come on, fellas" Logan sighed, while honking the horn. All he got in return was the finger, which pissed the male Howlett off.

"Alright" He sighed again, putting the car in park but before he could get too far Laura grabbed his arm.

"If you're gonna talk to him, make sure you're not too....aggressive" She smirked, getting a cheeky grin from her husband.

"I'll try my best" With that, he closed the door and walked over to the man in front.

"Mind letting us go by?" Logan asked.

"You in some kind of a hurry, pal? Are you?" The man said, getting into Logan's face. Laura watched from the car, just waiting for something to go bad.

"Just move your truck so we can go by" Logan said, trying to reason with the man who was having none of it.

"I'm just trying to have a conversation there, right?" And as the man finished, he roughly pushed Logan and that caused Laura to get out the car.

"You start something, you'd better be ready to finish" Logan turned to the man, who started to throw a punch but caught his fist just in time. Laura ran up to the two, and gently pushed them away from each other.

"That's enough, the both of you" She said, slightly glaring at the man.

"Your boyfriend's got a big mouth" He sneered.

"Yes, he has a temper too and so do I. Now look here, if you wanna have a conversation with your buddy, do that at your house or at a bar. Not in the middle of the road. My husband asked nicely, so i suggest you end your little conversation and be on your way" Laura spoke sternly, staring into the man's eyes.

Without saying another word, the man turned back to his car and the two drove off.

"Come on, babe. Let's go" Laura said gently, leading Logan back to the truck.

"You're amazing, you know that. So bossy...it's kinda hot" Logan smirked, causing Laura to roll her eyes but let out a small giggle. The two got into the car, and continued their drive home.

It was now dark outside, Logan was sitting on the couch while Laura walked over to him with his beer.

"Why is the moon so lonely?" She suddenly asked, as she straddled his lap and his hands moved to her hips.

"Why?" He asked softly, with a smile.

"Cause she used to have a lover" She grinned, combing her fingers through his hair.

"Oh...you tell this to the kids?" He joked.

"No. His name was Qu'e Qu'atsu and they lived in the spirit world together" Laura began to say, as she relaxed on his lap more.

"Oh, so it's a true story" Logan wondered, making his wife hum.

"And every night, they would wonder the skies together. But one of the other spirits was jealous. Trickster wanted the moon for himself, so he told Qu'e Qu'atsu that the moon had asked for flowers. He told them to come to our world and pick her some wild roses. But Qu'e Qu'atsu didn't know that once you leave the spirit world...you can never come back"

"And every night, he looks up in the sky and sees the moon and howls her name. But...he can never touch her again" Through-out the story, Logan listened intently and he just watched his wife in awe. She never ceased to amaze him.

"Wow. Coo Coo Ca Choo got screwed" Logan said, making Laura let out an amused laugh that made his smile widen.

"Qu'e Qu'atsu" She corrected, getting a laugh from the man. Laura hummed softly, as she looked over his handsome face. Her fingers grazing over his sideburns, and couldn't help but look at him lovingly.

"Means "The Wolverine" After that, the couple spent the rest of the night being in each others arms until they fell asleep.