Identity

Hope's Pov

I hated how weak I felt. Crying in the woods with a broken heart like I was normal but I've never been normal. I'm the tribrid I should be cold and mean. But I can't be like that. I promised my dad that I wouldn't close myself off. That I would be strong. But the loss of my father, my mother, and my uncle hurt more then anything.

"Hope?" A soft voice asked.

It was the voice of Josie Saltzman. She was the only person who would even mention my dad's name in front of me. Even the lessons about my dad being a great evil had stopped. Ever since he died Caroline cut them. Even though no one knows I'm a Mikaelsson.

"Hey Jo." I said whipping my eyes.

"Are you ok?" Josie asked.

"I'm fine just. Getting some air." I said.

Even Josie and Lizzie didn't know about my dad. Caroline compelled them to forget after she had them do the spell. Witch kind of hurt because now the only person I could talk to about all of this was Emma and Emma hates my father.

"Are you sure Hope? You've been crying a lot lately. It's just. I can see your hurt just let someone in." Josie said.

"I can't Jo. No one knows what this is about and I'm shorn to keep this secret by you're mom." I explained.

"My mom? Is it bad?" Josie questioned.

"Yes. Yeah it's bad. Look Jo I can't talk to you about this. I've said too much already. We should go inside anyway." I deflected.

"Ok. Come on." Josie said.

I followed her up to the school and I went to my room. I was ignoring the party that Caroline was throwing for some dumb reason. When it got late I decided to sneak out. But when I got to the office I heard yelling.

"Mom! What are you and Hope hiding?!" Josie yelled.

"Nothing Josie. That's between Hope and I." Caroline said.

"No it's not! It's hurting her! That's the sixth time I've found her crying in the woods! Are you really going to tell me that she's fine? To drop it?! She's my friend I'll drop this when I know she's ok." Josie spat.

"She lost her parents. Her Uncle all in the same week. The secret we have is who it is. Who her true family is Josie. You knew but I compelled you and Lizzie to forget. It's not my place to tell you who her parents are. But it was their wish that her name her family be kept secret." Caroline explained.

"But if she's not Hope Marshall, then who is she?" Josie asked.

"My name is Hope Mikaelsson." I said softly.