Inheritance

Hope's Pov

Josie spent the entire day complaining that I was spending way too much money on her. Of course that didn't stop me I mean spending money is probably the least worst thing I would do for Josie. If anything ever happened to her I don't know what I would do all I know is it wouldn't be good.

"Hope? Come back to bed." Josie mumbled rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"I'm not tired love. Get some rest." I sighed.

Josie got up the blanket wrapped around her like a caterpillar as she climbed into my lap. I wrapped my arms tightly around her and she quickly fell asleep. I sighed just looking at her. I didn't know if I should be amused, flattered or mad. This entire thing was new to me.

"Morning." Josie mumbled about four hours later.

"Good morning love. Look I really have to finish this up quickly then I'm all yours." I promised.

"What is that?" Josie asked looking at the papers I had scattered on the desk.

"It's stuff about my dad. We own a bunch of companies and stuff mainly my dad but now that he is.... You know, I have to do all this paperwork to let someone else run the companies while I get paid. My dad filled these out for himself but now I've got to do it. He left me everything a bunch of other stuff too that I haven't had the heart to go through." I explained.

"Other stuff like?" Josie questioned.

"There's a house not too far from here. It's filled with boxes of things he left like a storage unit. I mean ever since he left I have about nineteen houses thirty different cars and honestly a lot of paperwork but this should be the last of it." I sighed rubbing my eyes.

Josie frowned looking at me worried and I just put on a fake smile.

"Ok finish up and meet me downstairs." Josie demanded.

Once I finished I got dressed and ready for the day. I ran downstairs to see Josie sitting in her mom's car. I sighed going out and getting into the car as Josie started to drive without a word. When we parked at a very familiar spot I turned to Josie really pissed.

"Look I know that your dad meant a lot to you. But isn't it kind of rude if he left you a bunch of stuff and you won't even look at it? Plus I'll be right here the entire time." Josie defended.

Josie took her seatbelt off and had the door wide open just incase her little talk didn't work and if it was anyone other then Josie I probably would have killed them. But I sighed getting out of the car going inside with Josie right behind me.

"Wow you weren't kidding when you said full of boxes." Josie scoffed her eyes wide.

"My dad had a lot of stuff. I mean you would too if you where almost 2,000 years old." I chuckled.

We started with the first few boxes that we could get to without having a hassle and they where really old books. Josie was staring at them like she had found a box of treasure so I took them to the porch without saying a word to her about it. The rest of the boxes where like a Jenga tower. Making sure to take the right box so nothing fell over. When Josie got a box a  thick packet of letters fell from underneath it. I knelt down and picked it up flipping through them.

"What are those?" Josie questioned.

"Letters from my dad. They go from the day he left up until the day he came back. Even after. Open on the day Immortality becomes too much. Open when you just need me. Whoever is lucky enough to marry you must open this first. The person you love open this. It's probably full of threats." I chuckled as a tear fell from my eye.

After we had finally gone through the boxes and they where all outside the house looked pretty good other then all the dust. Pictures of me or my family where all around. When I saw a picture in Josie's hand I went over looking over her shoulder. She was holding a picture of her Lizzie and me on their 12th birthday.

"I remember that day. Caroline took us to laser tag and Lizzie had a panic attack for the first time. In the end she was only really pissed about losing. So pissed I thought she was going to kill some kids." I laughed.

"Yeah. But you found her when she had that panic attack and you carried her out of the room to my mom. It was the day I realized I had a crush on you. I knew how you felt. Alone broken. Like the world hated you. But you where still good still the sweetest person I knew and that made you the strongest too." Josie explained.

I smiled kissing her. She wrapped her hands around my neck. The only reason I pulled away in the end was because I knew Josie had to breath. Being a vampire did have It's draw backs. I had to remember others had to breath to live, if I stopped breathing I would just take a nap.

"God I love you." I said softly.

Josie's eyes went as wide as mine when I realized what I had said. But my panic was short lived as Josie kissed me pulling my face to hers. When she did pull back I thought she was going to turn blue.

"I love you too Hope Mikaelsson." Josie smiled.