Bourbon

Josie's Pov

Hope walked into the office during my fight with my mom. I was scared she was mad that I was trying to figure out whatever secret her and my mom had. Then I remembered I was only doing what was best for her. I got ready to yell. When Hope spoke.

"My name is Hope Mikaelsson." Hope said.

I saw the fear in her eyes as she looked at me. My mom sat down and sighed. I realized Hope was scared of what I would do or what I would think of her. I looked at her and I saw the same sweet girl who brought me ice cream when I was sick a few months ago.

"That's the big secret? You're a Mikaelsson?" I asked.

"Yes and no. Look my dad is Klaus Mikaelsson. I'm what you would call a tribrid. A witch a werewolf and a vampire. I haven't activated my vampire side yet but I'm still part witch and wolf." Hope said.

Her voice was soft like she was trying to calm me down. Or maybe she was trying to calm herself down I didn't know but I also didn't care. Hope was still Hope and if she was really what she said she was then if she really wanted to harm me or anyone she could have a hundred times before.

"I don't care. You're still Hope to me. Just a different name and a different supernatural." I said.

Hope smiles at me and I almost melted. The relief on her face was shocking. It was like she told someone before but they broke her. I wanted to hug her and never let her go but I didn't think my mom would approve of me doing that.

"You're not scared or me right?" Hope asked softly.

"Scared of you? Impossible. Hope you're soft sweet. Like strawberries. I don't know if you could hurt a fly without feeling bad." I said.

Hope looked up. She was clearly happy by my answer but she was also blushing. Maybe I took it too far with the strawberry comment but it just slipped out.

"You two should get to bed. I'll write you're teachers to tell them you have the day off tomorrow but I expect you to be in class on Monday." My mom said.

"Thanks Mrs.Salvatore." Hope said.

We both left the room and I still didn't know why Hope had come out of her room. If she was going to the kitchen she wouldn't have to come so close to the office but if she was already a wolf then maybe she heard my mom and I talking.

"Hope what where you doing so close to the office?" I asked.

"Oh. I was kind of sneaking out. Some of the locals where throwing a party and I was thinking of crashing it. It's too late now I just wanted some bourbon." Hope said.

"Bourbon. Bourbon sounds nice." I agreed.