Friends

Hope's Pov

When I woke up I felt refreshed. I sat up and looked around when I saw Josie asleep in my chair. She was holding her legs almost shaking from the cold so I climbed out of bed and wrapped a blanket around her. When her arms reached out and wrapped around me she snuggled up to me.

Normally I would have done something to get free but it was Josie. Lately I've been feeling different around her. Happy. She makes me feel like there is no one else around. Like I matter. Like I'm not a monster.

When Josie's eyes open I smiled. She looked down and quickly let go as her face turned a dark red. She got out of the chair when I didn't move.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cuddle with you." Josie said shyly.

"It's fine Love. I could have gotten free if I wanted to. But I didn't exactly want to anyway." I smirked.

Josie's Pov

When I heard Hope call me love my knees felt weak. But when she said she didn't want to get away from my sleep cuddling witch is kind of a problem for everyone around me I blushed. Was she flirting with me?

"Yeah well. It's a problem. I like to cuddle and I sometimes just grab ahold of whoever is close by." I explained.

"Believe me it's not a problem. Cute yes but a problem no." Hope said.

"We should go grab some food." I suggested.

"I'm good." Hope frowned.

I looked at Hope whose mood had fully changed. She looked down and was frowning. I could see some fear in her eyes. For the most powerful person in the world to be so shy about leaving her room. It was just shocking.

"Hey. I'll be with you every second. Plus it's just some breakfast then we can come right back here." I said softly.

"Do you promise? That you won't leave me? Even for a second?" Hope asked.

"Of course." I agreed.

I felt like that question was too wide spread but even if she meant never leaving her I honestly didn't mind that. Looking at a girl as beautiful as Hope Mikaelsson for the rest of my life would be amazing.

We left the room and when we saw the crowds of people Hope grabbed my hand tightly and moved closer to me. As we walked through the halls Hope didn't get any father away if anything she got closer to me.

We got into the cafeteria and grabbed some food. I got pancakes with some fruit and Hope had gotten eggs with toast. I saw her eyeing the bacon but then looking at me. I think she was worried of upsetting me by eating meat in front of me. Most people are when they find out I'm a vegan. But when I grabbed bacon and put it on Hope's plate she smiled.

It wasn't long before this great morning took a turn. Lizzie had come in and looked at us. When she sat down in front of me I scowled. I wanted to hit her punch her attack her anything but Hope refused to let go of my hand and I wasn't exactly begging her to let go. I was holding her hand just as tight.

"Look. I'm sorry ok? I got jealous. I saw Josie and you hanging out all week and I thought that something was going on between the two of you. Like you where dating. But that I really wouldn't have cared about. It was that I was just forgotten and tossed away as usual." Lizzie choked.

"It's fine. I'm glad people know. My father saved millions by killing the hallow I shouldn't have to be ashamed of him or anything he did because in the end he loved me. He died for me to live and I won't shut myself off for a few morons." Hope snapped.

"Jo?" Lizzie asked.

"If Hope forgives you then so do I. But next time instead of exposing secrets how about you talk to me. I didn't know any of this Lizzie. If you talked to me we could have hung out. I'm sure Hope wouldn't have minded." I explained.

"I wouldn't." Hope said.

"So friends?" Lizzie asked.

"Friends." Hope agreed.