The True Identity Of Hope Marshall

Josie's Pov

All morning all anyone could talk about was how Hope was a Mikaelsson. I walked into the cafeteria to grab some breakfast and grab some food for Hope because she wouldn't leave her room. When I sat down with my sister I was disgusted.

"So when I put two and two together I let everyone know she was a Mikaelsson. I mean people need to know if a monster is living right down the hall from them." Lizzie said.

"Lizzie you did this?!" I growled.

"Of course why? Haven't you heard?" Lizzie asked.

"Of course I have everyone has! The room now!" I spat.

After dragging Lizzie to the office because it was closer I shoved her. Her eyes went wide as she looked at me.

"What the fuck?! Hope hasn't done anything to you and you tell everyone?!" I yelled.

"If you found out you would have done the same thing." Lizzie said.

"But I wouldn't! I know because I've known Hope was a Mikaelsson since last week. Do you think her last name matters as to who she is?! So she's a Mikaelsson. You're a Saltzman." I snapped.

"So what? I'm Saltzman what about it?" Lizzie asked.

"Dad's killed so many supernaturals. Kids parents. Everything. Do you think that makes him any different from the Mikaelsson?! They protect their family. Dad was out for revenge if anything that makes him worse. Should I spread that around?! You're the daughter of the worst hunter to ever live?! Because dad was ruthless as a hunter." I defended.

"That's different. Dad changed." Lizzie blushed.

"So did Klaus Mikaelsson! Do you think Hope wants people talking about her dad? Just last week she lost her father her mother and her uncle. When people start calling the man who died to save the world. To save his daughter a monster. Who do you think Hope will come for? Huh? Did you ever think of that?!" I asked.

"No but. Are you going to tell her?" Lizzie asked.

"Yeah Lizzie I am. She deserves to know. I'll my best to calm her down but I wouldn't count on me." I said coldly.

Lizzie followed me begging me not to tell Hope as we got to her room. When I opened the door with the spare key Hope gave me Lizzie's eyes went wide at the mess on the floor. I could hear Hope sniffling. When she turned around I saw the makeup running down her face. I sat on the bed and rubbed her arm.

"What happened? You seemed ok when I left." I said softly.

"I went to the library to something to read but. Someone found the book on my dad about him being the great evil. They don't even know him. But every judges him. Name one vampire who doesn't kill it's not fair." Hope sobbed.

I hugged her tightly and she squeezed me so tight I thought she would get stuck to me. I felt my back crack. When she pulled away she looked to Lizzie who couldn't look at either of us.

"What is she doing here?" Hope wondered.

"She told everyone about who you are. She figured it out first." I said.

Hope stood and walked to Lizzie and shoved her. Lizzie didn't move very far but it defiantly made Lizzie look at her. Hope was crying as she hit Lizzie's chest weakly.

"Why?! I thought we where friends! Why would you ruin my life?! After what I lost?! I can't go anywhere without someone reminding me of my parents while I was trying to get over their deaths! What the hell is wrong with you?! Why do you hate me?!" Hope sobbed as she fell towards the floor.

When I caught Hope I glared up at Lizzie. She was almost crying but I was as mad as Hope was. Or close enough to it.

"Get out. You're pissing her off." I said.

"Josie." Lizzie begged.

"Hope might not hurt you but if you don't leave I will. Do you know why everyone knows? Why she attacked Jed? It was because he came after me. Sexually Lizzie. She was protecting me now I'm protecting her. So get out." I threatened.

Lizzie left and it took almost four hours to calm Hope down. I helped clean her makeup off as she weakly laid down.

"You're mom came earlier. She convinced me to go to the library. I don't think she knew anyone was there." Hope said.

"Did my dad come?" I asked.

"No but he's picking up a wolf tonight. So I don't even think he knows." Hope explained.

When someone knocked on the door I got up and opened it to see MG. He was holding black roses probably spelled by a witch of some kind.

"If my sister sent you." I threatened.

"No. I just. Wanted to check on her. Can I come in?" Mg asked.

I stepped aside and he walked through. He set the flowers down beside Hope. She looked at him confused.

"I heard about your family. The people you lost. I also heard black roses are for loss. I'm sorry." Mg said softly.

"So you don't hate me?" Hope asked.

"What? No of course not. Do you really think that just because you're last name is Mikaelsson not Marshall I don't know you? Come on. You're still that girl that's always stealing my ice cream from the fridge. The same girl I go to with all my problems. You're still our Hope." Mg said.

I smiled when I saw Hope hug him. I was hoping more people would be like Mg but it didn't seem like it. I'm the halls all that could be heard was talk about Klaus Mikaelsson and his evil daughter. But that didn't matter to Hope. She had Mg and she had me. That seemed to be enough for her because for the first time all weekend she smiled. Then fell asleep for the first time in days.