Memories

Hope's Pov

I woke up in bed with Josie Saltzman. Of course we didn't have sex or anything but that kiss felt just as good, especially now that I know it wasn't just a dream. Josie was still sleeping and she looked adorable.

"I can't tell you how long I've waited for last night to happen for us to kiss. I'm too shy and embarrassed to tell you this when your awake but I think your the most amazing person I have ever known." I whispered.

Josie turned over in her sleep. She wrapped her arms around me tightly and I had the biggest smile on my face. I leaned down and kissed her softly. When she kissed back I pulled away.

"Hmm. Greatest wake up call ever." Josie sighed.

"Good morning love." I said.

Josie smiled. Her smile made mine even bigger then it was and I figured I looked like a fool in love witch was actually true.

"How long have you been awake?" Josie questioned.

"Just about ten minutes or so." I answered.

"And you just figured you'd watch me sleep?" Josie asked.

"You looked cute." I defended.

When we finally got downstairs Caroline had already made breakfast. It was just some pancakes but it was still amazing. When we all finished eating I faded into the back.

"I've got to go." I said.

I ran up to Josie's room and she followed me. When I sat in the bed she looked at me sadly.

"Are you ok?" Josie asked.

"Down there like that. Like a family. It just reminded me of the day my dad died. We had this dinner. A last supper. It was full of laughs and fighting but not actual fighting. That was the last time my entire family was in the same room. I just miss him." I sobbed.

Josie wrapped her arms around me tightly. I clanged to her as she rubbed my back softly. I ended up falling asleep in tears again. When I woke up Josie hadn't moved much. She did have a book out and her glasses on her face.

"Hmm. Read to me?" I asked.

"In the darkest part of the tower." Josie started.

She read to me for about an hour before we went back downstairs. That was when I noticed Lizzie scowling at me. I tried my hardest to ignore it as I sat down and Josie turned on a movie.

"So mom when do we get to do something fun?" Lizzie groaned.

"Tomorrow. We can go shopping or something. But I just finished unpacking sweetie I kind of want to spend the day here." Caroline explained.

That's exactly what we did. Lizzie spent her day on her phone. Josie and I just watched movies cuddled up on the couch all day and I don't know what Caroline did most of the time. But it was a great day. But most of it reminded me of my dad and mom. Something I've tried to forget. But today has reminded me of the good times not the bad. I'm thankful for that and Josie. Defiantly thankful for Josie.